Sewer hose holder

kiddruger

Would like to add the same holder that came installed on the drivers side of our Grand Canyon on the pass. side. The question is how can we get one from Heartland with the same mounting hardware. I know that I could make my own, but would rather have it match up. Thanks for your help.

2psnapod1

Texas-South Chapter Leader-Retired
Call Heartland customer service 1-877-262-8032 and have your VIN handy! I'm sure they'll be able to help! Good luck!

DougS

Doug S
On my GC, I installed a sewer hose storage pipe under the unit across the front a couple of inches behind the front landing gear. This pipe holds two 15' lengths of sewer hose. Bought at CW. My last SOB, I made one, but it only cost slightly more to buy already made.

mmomega

AnyTimer
The one on my KL was too short for the amount of hose I usually carry so while at Camping world I saw they had one about 2ft longer.
I painted it black and used the same triangle shaped frame mounts as the stock tube. I just had to drill out 2 more holes due to the new tube being longer. Mounted on driver side just ahead of the sewer pipe.

Would like to add the same holder that came installed on the drivers side of our Grand Canyon on the pass. side. The question is how can we get one from Heartland with the same mounting hardware. I know that I could make my own, but would rather have it match up. Thanks for your help.
Took delivery of 2013 G.Canyon a week ago. Here is something that factory might think about or guys with tools can do. The units with the 6 point leveling system do not have the rear electric jacks. But the jack mounting brackets are still there on the trailer frame. If you add a small plate/bracket to the exiting bracket you can add a 6" section of pipe the width of the trailer for hoses and connectors. Will be working on mine in the coming weeks to add extra storage under the trailer. Almost hidden but accessable. Keeps the unsanitary connectors away from clean items in the belly of the trailer. Other things could go there instead of hose items like - collapable ladders. Limited by imagination.

beardedone

Beardedone
I saw a Bighorn with a sewer hose compartment built into the side and I like it so I built one by attaching a sturdy heavy duty plastic box to the frame and cut an opening for an access hatch. The box was "trimmed to conform to space available between the frame and the side and a open space was left to drain the area . It works very well and I can store everything in it that I need for dumping. This wasn't too difficult to do but you have to be careful to plan it properly.

rick_debbie_gallant

I bought a 10 foot piece of gray sewer pipe with the holes in it. This will be mounted under my rig with caps on the end. Should get nice and washed out. while on the road.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
I used a 5" vinyl fence post cover from Menards. Inside I have a chunk of rain gutter used for hose support, a 15' hose and a 5' hose.

Peace
Dave

Attachments

• rDSC02180.jpg
    rDSC02180.jpg
    175.5 KB · Views: 114
  • rDSC02182.jpg
    rDSC02182.jpg
    206.6 KB · Views: 116