Pin Box for Big Country

laprez

Looking seriously about the Big Country, but they do not have the Morryde option for the hitch. And the dealer won't put one on because of frame warranty. Do all the Big Country owners just use the standard pin box?

jimtoo

HI laprez,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and hopefully the family. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge if needed.

I think you need to talk to another dealer that knows more about their product. I am pretty sure you can get the hitch as an option from the factory. You could also call Heartland Customer Service.

Enjoy the forum.

Jim M

SJH

Past Washington Chapter Leaders
I am sure you can have one installed...perhaps even order it with one. We have alsways used the stock pin box and had no issues doing so.

Best Wishes!

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
On our BC 3250, we had the Trail-Aire Tri-glade which worked well and didn't have any warranty issue since it is also a Lippert product. With our new coach, BC 3650, we elected not to put the Trail-Aire Tri-Glade on but instead went with a new hitch, Trailer-Mate. It's has air cell bags in the hitch instead of the shock/airbag on the pin. Principle is the same thing - softer ride.

rvn4fun

We use a air hitch on our truck it has 4 airbags that allow movement in all directions, we think it works way better then a air pinbox that only moves up and down.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
I installed the Mor/Ryde pinbox myself. Bought it from http://tweetys.com/. As far as I know it DOES NOT void the frame warranty. I think your dealer is blowing smoke. It should take about an hour for a dealer to install ( thats how long it took me at home to do). The last time I checked they were $599 plus free shipping from Tweety's.

KiwiRVer

We have also ordered a new Big Country (3690SL) and originally intended getting the factory to fit the Mor/Ryde. They said they would do it but the cost was unrealistic so I will be fitting it myself when we get the new unit. Also available here but haven't checked shipping cost: http://www.shoprvparts.com/product.do?no=13281F

I have a Mor/Ryde on my current rig and would not be without it.

laprez

Thanks for your help everyone. Just bought the truck hitch and we like it, so don't plan on replacing it. Checked the brochure and website and the MorRyde is not an option for Big Country - I will contact the factory and find out.

jimtoo

There are several things that the factory will install as an option that are not listed on the web site. The only way is to call or have your dealer call. Also sometimes you can buy from a outside supplier like Tweety's and it might be less expensive if it's not a listed option.

Jim M

ncc1701e

About two hours from here DSC02383.JPG to installed DSC02442.JPG. The Mor/Ryde Pin Box has to be one of the best mods I've done to date. Good luck.

mikeandconnie

Hi,
I ordered a Landmark last week and the # 1 item on the options order form was a factory installed Mor/Ryde hitch and it's priced ok. Surely it will be a option for the Big Horn.

ChangingPlaces

We use a air hitch on our truck it has 4 airbags that allow movement in all directions, we think it works way better then a air pinbox that only moves up and down.
I agree with you on that one. We have a Binkley Airsafe 20k with 4 airbags. It works very well with our truck.
A question for you, what psi do you run with on normal running. I run at 80 to 85psi, your thoughts please.
Cheers Paul