Fantastic fan, mind of it own ??

Bobby A

Got the create a breeze 8100 series fantastic fan.
When I move the t stat slightly for it to come on, most of the time it doesn't, but when it does it will open up and come on for a short period of time then the motor will close the dome a little than re open it. It continues to do this all the time until I get tired of hearing the motor open and close the dome, than I just turn the t stat off to close it totally. Not sure if this makes sense to everyone, but I have never had this happen on my previous units that has the fantastic fans. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated. There is no moisture on the rain sensor so that is ruled out. I will call Fantastic fan on Monday if nobody hear as any input.

Thanks,
Bobby A

jnbhobe

Call Fantastic Fan, I bet they'll send you a new thermostat free of charge, It can't be three years old yet.

Bobby A

Update,

As you guys suggested I pulled the t stat and hooked the white & red wires together and sure enough the fan open and is running fine. I will call F/F on Monday, its o.k to run the fan with the wires together this way, RIGHT ??

Thanks,
Bobby A

jnbhobe

Update,

As you guys suggested I pulled the t stat and hooked the white & red wires together and sure enough the fan open and is running fine. I will call F/F on Monday, its o.k to run the fan with the wires together this way, RIGHT ??

Thanks,
Bobby A

It will run that way just be careful as not to short out the wires, put some electrical tape on the connection.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
We have the same issue with the Fantastic Fan in the kitchen area. I've thought it must be the t'stat as well but haven't done anything about it. I may do as you though at least for a test. I was thinking if just replacing the t'stat with a simple toggle switch. You know, the KISS principle.;)

DougS

Doug S
I had the same problem with my Fantastic Fan in my last SOB 5th. When I took the stat of the wall, I noticed the tech had not twisted the wires, they were fan shaped. One strand of wire was shorting the terminals, hard to see, and it keep opening and closing. Twist of the wires, and problem solved. One other thought, did you try cleaning the sensor from the roof, something up there could be causing the problem.

Bobby A

Ray, I thought of that to. I will call F/Fan tomorrow and if they won't send a t stat, I will just get a switch.
Doug, That was the first thing I did was clean the sensor.
I connected the 2 wires this morning and the fan has been running perfectly all day long.

Bobby A

another update,

Called Fantastic Vent today, they are amazingly customer friendly, explained my delimma and he said all I need is an address to send you a new t stat. This is not the first time I've dealt with those folks and well, they are Fantastic. I told the gentleman that all the RV forum and thousands of post that I've read throughout the years I've never heard a bad post on there products or service. I wish the rest of the vendors would take note of how Fantastic Vent does business. JMHO