Bedside Drawers

RuralPastor

Finally got around to posting a few pics. Got tired of standing on my head to retrieve junk from the deep hole next to the bed. The drawer rides on three points: 1) Felt cushions on bottom edge of drawer front, 2) two plastic angle glides mounted on 1/2" high wooden stile (part below drawer), and 3) single "wheel" mounted to back of drawer. We really like the smooth operation of the drawers without any possibility of scratching the cabinet surface.

//heartlandowners.org/webkit-fake-url://8D14EED3-F3C7-477A-9E3E-2DB5E479EF48/image.tiff

//heartlandowners.org/webkit-fake-url://34879C99-5A0F-4542-A2D2-3CB5247698CD/image.tiff

This second picture is a little hard to see, but you can see the wheel on the back of the drawer and two black felt pads on the bottom edge of the drawer front.

Did something wrong here! Pics showed up when I wrote this, but not when I posted it.

Last edited:

Marge

All who wander are not lost.
Excellent! my husband Glen made drawers for ours too. They sure are handy, those long chubby holes are pretty much useless without the drawers.

pegmikef

Yep, I had to make drawers first for my Edge and then for the North Trail (of course they were different sizes so I couldn't just reuse the Edge drawers).

olyfire

So you have to ask, why would you put two holes on each side of the bed? I'm sure someone had a good idea. I never could figure out why so I too make drawers. It sure gives nice storage. It would be nice if Heartland would come out with drawers.

jimtoo

That's a great idea, I might have to give it a try.

Hi Shuttlekawk,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and also to the family. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

I'm sure you will get lots of ideas for mods to make your North Trail even more comfortable for yourself.

Enjoy the forum.

Jim M

Thanks Jim! I look forward to learning the tricks as we set off on our first year with a TT. We had a 12 ft pop before this so it's all new to us.