Newest version?

eddylives

I am looking for a portable surge protector that does the high/low voltage , spikes etc.
What do those in the know recomend for manufacturer choice?
There is just whole bunch to choose from but I am unsure of quality from some manufacturers hehe.
Thanks

eddylives

Thanks for the info guy's.
Next question lol
How will these units work when using a generator?
We have only boon dock camped and run two genny's , a 3000W Champion for the heavy loads and a 900W Champion suitcase to run lights tv's keep batterys snuffed up and such.
I know a little about electricity but not enough to know if these will work. I just run the gens without doing the ground bars and such buried to ground the gens and such.
Just drop em on the ground level and plug n run lol.
Will these rv protectors see an open ground and shut down the power or something like that?

jnbhobe

Yes they will see an open ground, I know the progressive with the remote readout you can shut it off and it will still protect the rig. I think (cookie) had a by pass rigged up, I can't remember how he did it but he will be on here in a while with an answer in a while I think.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
As Jon said the Progressive EMS with remote has a bypass switch. When on bypass you will still be protected from surges.
The work around that I used is that I put a jumper across the ground (green) to the neutral (white) wire at the genny.

Peace
Dave

eddylives

Ok , right on if that will work with a jumper wire then we will be good to go.
Thanks for the tip:cool:

2psnapod2

Texas-South Chapter Leaders-Retired
I have an issue with my electric, I have a progressive EMS and on Thursday before we took a trip to another location, I had the EMS cut the power for a open ground issue. I left that location and hooked up later that day and had no issues. I returned today to find the same issue at the same place (our home stead). I have the bypass switched and have power but it still says there is an open ground. Will a open ground cause any real issues for me? I have told the park and they will look into it.