Heartland Edge 192 braking problem

We have a 2012 Heartland Edge M192. This is a 22 foot trailer with dual axels. On the last two trips we’ve developed a braking problem. As soon as I touch the brake pedal, then one of the brakes grab and causes the trailer to lurch. At very slow speeds one of the wheels will lock up. Adjusting the brake controller sensitivity or power settings makes no difference to this behavior. I guess this may be caused by a problem with the brake controller, but up until recently its’ worked with no problems and done a good job. Also, if it was the brake controller then I would think all four wheels would have the same issue and not just one of the four.

Anyone have any suggestions or hints on what could be causing this problem?

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Jdtwhitney, welcome to the forum. You will find some great information here.
If you have only one brake acting up then you will need to pull that wheel and brake drum. I agree that if it was a controller problem you would see it across all wheels.
Once you are in there take a look at all the mechanics for something that may be out of place.
Have you ever adjusted the brakes? This is one thing that needs to be done as part of your maintenance program.
Also I see that your rig is a 2012 model and if it is still under warranty and don't feel comfortable working on it you might think about a call to your dealer.

Peace
Dave