Our Drive Though Houston, Texas

zurn

Hey --if you have to go through Houston texas go at 8am on Sunday morning! it was a breeze no trucks and very little traffic. i am very happy. Carol

olcoon

Re: houston

Glad to hear you've made it through Houston with no problems. Travel safely.

Roy & Sally Evans

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member

you sure picked the right time to go through Houston. Stay safe.

lmcclure

1st Tennessee Member#1084

Glad to hear that you made it through. Did you go through on 10 or the toll road? any tips as we will leave here on the 5 of March.

Boca_Shuffles

Glad to hear that you made it through. Did you go through on 10 or the toll road? any tips as we will leave here on the 5 of March.

I ended up in Houston at 1 AM. I started on the toll road and quickly ran out of coins. It seemed like there was a toll every mile.

At that time of night, there is no traffic on the service drive that runs parallel to the toll road. If you drive the speed limits and you can make most of the lights.

zurn

We took 10 right through the heart of Houston. We did fill up with petro before we went through but there are plenty of gas stations on the east end also. Stayed at a nice rv park in Mississippi exit 4. Be sure you are in Miss before you find the exit as it is close to exit 4 in La can be confusing. Also a great gas station at same exit. Miss our Heartland get togethers! carol

lmcclure

Thanks Carol, looks like you made great time. We are stopping in Lake Charles the first day then Hattiesburg the next night, Tanner Ala on 65 the third night then on to Lebanon for our meeting thursday the 8th. Looking forward to the June rally on Southhaven, tell John I got the Kayak and love it. He needs one so that we can fish the coming winter see you soon.
Lee

lmcclure

Nephew is mentoring me, Pics soon. Trying to perfect the in and out task first. Tell John to google Ocean Kayak trident 13 angler.

zurn

hey you two-must be about time to start thinking of breaking camp. John got tha rv emptied and winterized and is going to get a few maintainance problems taken care of and before you know it we will be looking at the rally in Missouri. Hope those gas prices predictions do not happen. Let us Know when you hit Spring City we can meet up for dinner--Carol

lmcclure

Would like that. Yes we are getting ready to start the packing. We have changed the date of departure to the 4th of March so that we can go through Houston. Got the hitch installed on the front of the truck for the kayak and I am anxious to use it. We have had rain this week some but temps are still in high 60's and 70's. See you soon.

lmcclure

Miss the 2 of you, we leave on the 4th taking your advice. Here is pictures as promised. See you soon.
LeeDSCN1109.jpgDSCN1112.jpg

zurn

looking good, catch any more fish with the kayak? we took i59 through bimingham and the road shook the **** out of my truck. the problem was around birmingham must be something with the frequency of the bumps. i think this would be a a real problem with the kayak on top of the truck. the truck was bouncing so bad it bothered carols neck. how ever the trailer was fine. see ya soon have a safe trip.

lmcclure

We will take I-65 when we get to Birmingham and go to Cornersville Tn. and visit with daughter and her family for 2 days then on to Lebanon for the Good Sam Meeting then on to Spring City via I-40. No more fish just getting used to the yak, Kayak shouldn't bounce with the system we have to tie it down. I will let you know.

zurn

hey guys! We are getting hammered by these tornadoes! Massive damage throughout area-spring city-athens-chatt-cleveland-ooltewaa-huntsville-birmingham-They main storms have yet to hit! Please check your route home and stay safe!

lmcclure

Made it through Houston with only 1 slow down, wreck but we got around it fine, had traffic in Louisana for about 1/2 hr east of Lake Charles, road construction on I-12 around Baton Rouge, no more slow downs after that. We drove about 325 miles each day. Made it to Lebanon Tn and will get to Spring City on Sunday. We might go on to Chattanooga for a week as we both have Dr. Appt. Need to put the truck in shop for check up. Going to the Bristol race on the 18th. See you soon.

zurn

so glad your back in home territory!Been busy with md appts and getting the home place back in shape! john and I joined the ymca so we are excersizing three days a wek! I am dying but we have to stay in shape for Texas! John is back riding horses so the days are flying! Give us a call so we can get together !