SOLD: Hughes Autoformer RV220-50

Status
Not open for further replies.

jbeletti

I purchased this item new (over $600) and have used it sporadically for a couple years. My new RV comes with some sort of a built-in system, so I will be using that.

I'm carrying this with me in my RV - so if you want it and are RVing near me - instant gratification!

Note that this item is not a Surge Guard or an Electrical Management System (EMS) - it's an Autoformer. If you experience low voltage issues in your home park or on the road and want a unit that will boost the line voltage - this is the unit you need.

There's a couple Autoformers out there to choose from.
Learn more about this product below. The Hughes model remains a popular unit.

SUMMARY:
rv2250big.jpg

ASKING PRICE:
  • $250 if picked up in person / $300 if shipped (insured)

CONTACT/QUESTIONS:

LEARN MORE ABOUT AUTOFORMER:
(from Hughes website)
Hughes Autoformers are designed to increase voltage to your RV and help eliminate low voltage damage to your appliances. Unlike a 'boost transformer', the 'sense circuit' in the Autoformer will adjust the output based on the load demand. For this reason you can run additional appliances on a 30 amp input. I.e.: coffee pot & microwave each draw 1200 watts, total 2400 watts. Add wattage for the converter & refrigerator - about 800 additional watts - & you have 3200 watt demand. If you are only getting 100 volts from the supply, the maximum wattage would be 3000 watts. The Autoformer will boost voltage to give you 3600 watts to your RV! The Autoformer output will self-adjust depending on the demand. With the increase in the voltage to the RV (through the Autoformer) the amperage demand will be lower & the overall performance will be greater. Your appliances will operate smoothly & efficiently without premature wear & damage to motors & compressors. With an operation range of appx. 94 to 125 volts input, the Autoformer will boost your RV voltage to safe & efficient levels. Appliance failure can be costly, as well as frustrating & inconvenient. Many AC motors burn out due to higher than rated current draw caused by low voltage. This wasted current could be better used to operate another appliance at the same time the AC is being used. With low voltage you generally can't run anything else without risk of damage.

Status
Not open for further replies.