model 3685 not enough room for receiver in cabinet?

jtw

It doesn't look like there is enough room in the cabinet designated for our satellite receiver.... we use dish network- does anyone have a solution?

Crumgater

DH installed a fold-up shelf for our DirecTV receiver. We put out the living room slide, fold down the shelf (which still only comes out about even with the inside wall of the slide), and plug everthing in. The receiver rides in the sofa-drawer during transit. It's not the prettiest solution, but it works.
P1010013a.jpg

wdk450

JTW:
Although I take my home Dish network receiver with me on the road, I had occasion to look at my sister's Direct TV receiver. It is MUCH smaller.
My Dish receiver with the coax maze behind it doesn't fit completely in my Bighorn's shelf above the Coby DVD/Stereo. I use a mini bungee cord to keep the cabinet door closed.

ChopperBill

I often wondered what folks did for their other audio/video components when they started putting in the built in units and left out a shelf. Got under the wire on our early "11"

stevebotts

It is my understanding that Heartland has now started putting the HDMI hookups in the top right cabinet. Our 3685 is on the assembly line now and is to have that modification.

tcfake613

We just picked our 3685 up two weeks ago. I worked with Mike Tribble at the factory to have HDMI and fiber optic Toslink cables run to the top cabinet as well as all the speaker wiring. These cables pretty much suffice for any connections I need to the TV. The top right cabinet is about 2 feet wide by almost 16" deep. There is plenty of room for A/V equipment. I installed a home receiver and bluray player and connected the TV audio to this setup so I am now getting TV sound in the ceiling speakers. Whole system sounds great!

As stevebotts said, I heard HDMI is now standard but have not verified with anyone.

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
We are on DirectTv and the new receives are very small. Just replaced one in the camper that is only 1" H X 6" W X 6" D. Very compacted :).