Need Tow Vechicle Tires - FORD F350

MJordan

"PA n MA s"
Hello:
I need new tires on my tow vechicle.
FORD F350 V10 2004 SuperCrew short bed.

What do I look for and what tire dealers are best?

God Bless
Michael Jordan

katkens

Founding Illinios Chapter Leader-retired
I have been doing a little research on tires and seems, Bridgestone Revos AT'S and Michelin LTX AT'S continue to get high marks on other forums. When I replace, thinking I will go with the Revo's. Might check out www.tirerack.com on ratings and prices. I'm sure you will get more first hand comment from fellow members. Good luck.---Ken

Gary Steeves

Recently replaced my Bridgestones with Goodyear Silent Armor Wrangler ProGrade. They are highly rated per what I could find on the net. My LT245/75R16 E cost $900 for all 4, with tax, balancing, etc... I also put in metal valve stems. Like them so far - and they are quiet.

ct0218

I had the Revo's for my last set and they were good, but switched to Goodyear Silent Armor for this set. The Goodyear have very good traction in wet weather, snow and ice. Both have much better traction than the Michelin LTX I've had before, but the Michelin tires have a harder compound and last longer.

ChopperBill

Here is a picture of my tow vehicle with tire from Cooper. Around $2000 in damage. Many brands are made by Cooper. This is the second time it happened. The first was the rear at the tune of $1000 damage.
162921756.jpg

I have nothing but Michelin's on FW and TV now. I am sure some one has had problems with them but the stories are few and far between.

driver311

107000 mile tires

just replaced my old Michelin tires with a new set. had 107000 miles on old ones. went back with the same , they are LT265/70r-17. $200/ tire , valve stems,mounted and balanced.

driver311None None

charris57

Tires

I just got a 2007 F-350 PSD, 4x4. It came with Goodyear Wrangler ATX's . Load range "E". Just remember to keep whatever tires you get at the recomended pressure while towing and even when your not towing...Good Luck

Uncle Rog

Howdy, I have run Bridgestone Transforce AT's for several years. They are good road tires and have a little more aggresive tread pattern as I am off road quite often. They are moderately priced and if I don't drag the BH around too much they seem to wear well. I change them out at 50k miles or so just cause....the only flat I have had was in the lumber yard, picked up a nail.....

On edit, they are E rated and tire / truck specs are 55# s/a and 80# d/a, when not towing I drop the d/a down to 65#.......................

Last edited: