Parts and Tire Blow Outs

SJH

Past Washington Chapter Leaders
I did not want to "steal" the thread about getting parts as a result of a blow out, hence this one!

Reading Jim's comment on that thread about the J wrap needing special crating and shipping, which may be expensive, brought a question to my mind.

We all are concerned about a tire blow out and the extensive damage they can cause. Is this something that would be covered on most RV insurance policies? I never really thought about it before so now I am curious! We live a "zillion" miles from Elkhart and I can just picture such shipping costs if I should ever unfortunately need to make similar repairs.

donr827

I have seen threads on other forums where a owner was paid by his insurance company for the damaged done by blow out. It was filed under his comprehensive coverage minus the deductible. You would need to call your insurance agent for guidance.
Don

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
We have had 3 blowouts on our Landmark. Twice the auto insurance paid for the damages and the last time I was reimbursed by GoodYear Tire company for the damages. We had Farmers Insurance at the time of those insurance reimbursements. One time the repair was done in Elkhart and the next two times the repairs were done just north of Houston Texas. Hope this info helps.

edit - All of the blowouts the damage ranged from $4500 to $4900

Last edited:

hoefler

We have State Farm, they covered our blow out and the damage to the S-10 PU next to us when it blew.

cjhicks

We have Liberty Mutual and they covered all of the damage done to our Bighorh due to a blowout. ($1800)