The Lemon's (Dodge) Replacement!

rustyshakelford

My new truck came in on thurs. of last week. I was finally able to go get it on Sat. Since then, I have been getting it set up the way I want it.

First was the 91 gallon RDS transfer tank with the 13 gpm transfer pump. I took it to TOFF Beliners in Spring TX to be sprayed.

Around Jan 15, I ordered my tool box. I wanted something that wouldnt cover up my gooseneck hitch or take up space that the B&W Companion 5th wheel hitch needs. I had been looking for a solution and came across the Brute GN Tool Box. It fits the bill perfectly. All my tools are within easy reach of the back of the truck. I no longer have to get in the bed to get them out. The other added benefit was when i lock the tailgate, you cannot open the door. I went with this model also because if i needed something out of it when the trailer was attached, i wouldnt be able to open the top mounted doors.

Next up is getting the B&W installed tomorrow (Installed before and its worth the $200 everyday of the week)

Also going to get the windows tinted darker.

that should complete the mods to the truck. Depending on some of the other loads, i might add air bags but with my 11 it sat perfect. This will also be used to haul a dozer or backhoe.

brett

IMG_1054.jpg

IMG_1055.jpg

IMG_1056.jpg

IMG_1057.jpg

A pic of the problem child

IMG_0700.jpg

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
Re: The Lemon's Replacement!

What a great looking truck!! Gotta love those Dodges.

Invizatu

Senior Road Warriors
Re: The Lemon's Replacement!

I want one! I would probably look a little silly towing my 21' TT with it though. :cool:

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Brett, Looks like you done good. I hope it works out well for you. I think you made the right move. Nice looking rig.

rustyshakelford

Super Truck! I wish I had a nickle for every nickle you have...:p

15 cents isn't going to get you very far nowadays!

Brett, Looks like you done good. I hope it works out well for you. I think you made the right move. Nice looking rig.

Thanks everyone!

Ray--I hope this truck is better than the 11 too! So far it's been pretty good. Getting the gn installed now, so I'll get some pics of it hooked to the trailer soon!

Brett

westxsrt10

Perfict Senior Member
Really like that color, good choice. I think you have many trouble free miles ahead. That's the exact truck I'd pick to replace my Ford if it was stolen.

krhyde

Kentucky Chapter Leaders-retired
Brett, Great looking truck. I was "this close" to getting one last month but just couldn't pull the trigger. I've always been a Ford guy and although I liked the interior of the Dodge better, I went with a Ford F350 SD 6.7L DRW. I want a tool box like the one you got. Where did you get it? Ken

rustyshakelford

Brett, Great looking truck. I was "this close" to getting one last month but just couldn't pull the trigger. I've always been a Ford guy and although I liked the interior of the Dodge better, I went with a Ford F350 SD 6.7L DRW. I want a tool box like the one you got. Where did you get it? Ken

http://www.pickupspecialties.com/toolboxes/goose_neck_truck_tailgate_tool_box.html

They have the cheapest price I could find. It was about $100 for shipping. So far, I really like the tool box.

Brett

scott b

Brett, will a Honda 2000 fit in that tool box . I like that set up , and congrats on the new truck . Hope this one serves you well.

porthole

Retired
Looks good Brett - good luck with this one.
Like the tool box, would put one in mine if it was just a bit shorter. I have a roll up cover.

merlinb

Retired
Brett, did you get the black powder coated box or did you get the shiny one and have it sprayed with your bedliner?
Thanks.

rustyshakelford

Brett, did you get the black powder coated box or did you get the shiny one and have it sprayed with your bedliner?
Thanks.

I got the bright aluminum and had it sprayed. If I could do it again, I'd probably get the black powder coat. It was hard to spray and didn't come out as well as I would like, cost $175 but I had them do the inside too.

Im going to call the manufacturer and recommend some changes before they make any more to make them more 5vr friendly!

Brett