I like this smart car loader

loafer

Hey Dave We saw something like that at the Good Sam Rally in Oregon last year but it was for a Harley or other large bike.
The smart car is another story very cool . Put that on your wish list Dave
Thx for sharing
Bill

DW_Gray

Jim, you may want to consider this instead of the classy chassis. Having the smart has reduced our fuel cost by $250.00 a month.

jbeletti

Jim, you may want to consider this instead of the classy chassis. Having the smart has reduced our fuel cost by $250.00 a month.

Dave - my truck is a done deal. So no turning back.

Nancy would never approve a class 8 tractor :) Even though I could convert and update one for maybe half the cost.

Jim

rumaco

US Army Retired (CW4)
About 3 weeks ago there was an accident involving one of these here and every person in the Smart died, not one person in the truck was even scratched. It was a side impact and not that fast.

traveler44

There was a big Volvo tractor cab pulling a fifth wheel arrived at the rv park yesterday. They have a small car that they carry behind the cab of the tractor and in front of the fifth wheel. Believe me they really get noticed. I don't know if he has a loader like the one shown. I want to watch him load the car back up. Of course he leaves the fifth wheel hooked up and it really takes up the length of the site he is parked in. People are starting to get here for the Daytona 500 this week.

bill40

About 3 weeks ago there was an accident involving one of these here and every person in the Smart died, not one person in the truck was even scratched. It was a side impact and not that fast.
Can happen in any car, sadly we just lost five young people die in a Volvo (rated safe car) and the other was a 2500 pick up, low speed.

DW_Gray

Can you provide an article link for the accident you mention? So far I haven't found it but I'm still looking.

traveler44

I did get to see the little car loaded back up on the back of the truck. He had a portable winch that was mounted on a post that stuck up over the top of the truck frame about 3 feet. He attached this winch and post to one side of the truck frame and dropped a ramp down on the other side. He had a long elect. cable that controlled the winch. His wife brought the little car around and lined it up with the ramp. He hooked up the winch cable to the car and got in with the window down and steered it up the ramp as he winch it up. Wound up being so simple.