ATF: Landmark - slide roller and brackets

We have a 2 year old Landmark Grand Canyon. When we got set up at Southern Oaks RV Park in Aransas Pass, TX we noticed a gouge in the linoleum in front of the fridge. Upon further investigation we found that the brackets on 2 of the rollers (under and near the fridge) had broken. Are these brackets sturdy enough to handle a 16' slide with heavy appliances on it?

We have an appointment set up on the 20th of this month to get the necessary repairs made. This should not have happened on a 2 year old unit. The repairs are going to be expensive since they have to take the slide completely out and we are hoping that our extended warranty covers it. We are going to have to leave the rig for at least 2 weeks and maybe longer which is a major inconvenience for us. Extended warranty covers mechanical parts on slides but not brackets. we are out $4,000. Had brackets made by local metal shop. If the broken brackets are common where is the company on fixing the problem?

Last edited:

ncc1701e

I really feel your pain in many ways. Our Sundance is just over a year old and we have had the unit in twice now for both slides to be removed and repaird. The bedroom slide hung when the rollers on that slide broke loose because the factory used the wrong screws to secure the roller Broken Roller Bed 1.jpg Broken Roller Bed 2.jpg seen in the two pictures. We were lucky that it happened just inside the warranty period. It just is very hard to understand how some of these items happen with the cost of a trailer. I really question quality control or lack there of at so many dealers. Our trailer was at the dealer a month each time for the repairs. So of the first twelve months at least two were spent in the repair shop.

Birchwood

I don't understand why it would take two weeks to change a couple rollers??The manufacturer said the slide
mechanism was tested 4000 times but I guess not the rollers.I think I will lubricate mine for fear of the same
problem