2010 San Antonio Satellite hook-up

blkdodge

We just took delivery of our new 2012 San Antonio and I'm where would a person put a satelite box for the living room tv and the outside tv. I would like to have two seperate tv's so I can watch outside and DW can watch something different inside, I do have multiple satilite boxes.Thanks in advance for your wisdomDavid

Last edited:

jbeletti

Re: 2010 San Antonio Satelite hook-up

David,

Do you have the outdoor entertainment system option? If you do, I think you are asking, how can I use 2 satellite receivers, 1 to feed the indoor livingroom TV and 1 to feed the outdoor TV.

First, you may need to run a line from the outdoor TV area to the location where you want to place the receiver. This means running a cable from the entertainment slide (off door side) to the dinette slide (door side). Not a simple task, but not impossible either.

Now, if you do not have the outdoor entertainment system option, and by "outside TV", you meant one mounted in the storage bay, then what you need to do will be even simpler. Please respond back with more detail and the community can fill you with ideas on how to get the job done.

Jim

blkdodge

Jim
I do have the outside entertainment system in the curb side slide, and I want atleast 2 of the 3 tv's to have their own satilite box without have to run coax all over the place. One problem I do see is where in the world would you put a box outside except for setting on a table.

jbeletti

David,

It's going to be difficult to achieve your desired result without running wires. If you still want ideas that involve running wires, let me know and I will tell you what I would do. In fact, what I am doing in a 2012 Key Largo.

Jim

cookie

Administrator
Staff member

One thing you might be able to do is find where the coax runs to from the slide entertainment center. Tap into it. You could then use the same satellite receiver that is being used in the bedroom. You will need a RF remote.
That is a very short explanation of a long process.

Peace
Dave

blkdodge

Jim
Any ideas at this point would be greatly appreciated. We have a long weekend coming up and it will be our first trip in the new rig. I kinda want to get some ideas of how to accomplish this.

Thanks
David

jbeletti

Re: 2012 San Antonio Satelite hook-up

David,

Unless you have a really shallow satellite receiver, I don't think you'll want to mount a receiver at the outside TV location. What I would do for this TV is:
1. Install receiver in the cabinet above the living room TV
2. Using a 50 foot HDMI cable (monoprice.com), run that cable from the living room TV cabinet, down through the wiring supports under the slide, into the underbelly, across the underbelly and out the other side, through the wiring supports under the dinette slide, up into the slide and into the area behind the TV.

I supplied a 50 foot HDMI cable to the factory when they built my Key Largo last week and specified the cable to be run as I indicated above.

So, I will run 2 receivers in the cabinet above the TV in my Key Largo, one for the living room TV and one for the outside TV. The outside TV will use an RF remote control so I do not need to "see" the receiver from outside.

Is there an easier way to do this? Perhaps. But with a lower quality signal. What you could do is use an RF modulator on the video output of your satellite receiver. Then connect the output of the modulator to the antenna/cable coax that feeds the outside TV. I am not sure where in the coach that coax splits off, but you'd need to find it and connect to it.

This all said, I am not 100% familiar with what wires go to that TV normally and where they come from. IF there is a second coax that goes to that TV in addition to the antenna/able wire, then the second coax is likely there to be used as a satellite feed. Here again, you'd need to know where the other end of that cable goes. And there's still the issue of where to put the receiver.

Jim

2psnapod2

Texas-South Chapter Leaders-Retired
Re: 2012 San Antonio Satelite hook-up

You could also run the HDMI cable to the front storage area and place the receiver in that area. I am pretty sure that the cable from the dish still runs thru there.

blkdodge

Thanks for all of the suggestions. When we have it out this weekend I am going to spend alot of time figureing out my dilemma and learning the new coach.
Again thanks and I report back as to what I figure out.
David

blkdodge

Well I was able to get the Satilie working for the living room TV but it would not work onthe outside, so I would have to say they are not connected. I thought I would aleast be able to watch the same channel but no such luck. So back to the drawing board for the outside tv. My guess is that I will have to have a box outside so the will work independently from each other. I just dont want a bunch of wires all over the place.

wildwolfproducts

What company are you using? I know when we had Dish, our box would run 2 Tv's and only one box. Remote would work from outside while the box is inside.
I plan on keeping up on this thread. Because were looking at the same outside setup .
Pete