Prospective owner - Any quality issues?

jrsides

We are seriously considering purchasing the Greystone 33CK and I have a few questions.

Do you have any issues with quality or craftsmanship?
Are the sofa beds comfortable?
Do you use the outside kitchen?
What stove did you get to use outside?

clubmgr

Heartland Owners Club Manager
Staff member
If no one responds to your questions. Try the Greystone Community Thread.

bowhunt73

Did you see this post? //heartlandowners.org/showthread.ph...uld-you-change?p=227863&highlight=#post227863

Initial quality:
This unit is built solid. My major issues at pickup were a bad wire in my plug and a bad crimp at one of my brake connections. There was also some glue on one of my grey valves. Besides that I'm really impressed with this unit and the Heartland company. As far as the build of the unit inside, it is solid and things are built correctly.

The sofa beds are air beds. That adjustment allows you to control the firmness. We have one in the main unit. Our bunk room is three bunks with a trindle bed.

The outside kitchen......I was always saying why would you want that. We didn't want a bunk room with two slides. I didn't like the one slide coming out on the hangout side of the unit. The 33CK had what we wanted, but had an outdoor kitchen. Well, after a half season of use. We LOVE that outdoor kitchen. No need to keep going inside for stuff. The only issue is that it is 12volt. She will not be on while driving, but I must say it will cool / freeze stuff faily quickly. I had to turn the setting way down.

Most of the stoves that come with the outside kitchens are weak. Good luck boiling anything substantial. Heartland doesn't have a stove option with their outdoor kitchen unless they added since last summer. I have a three burner campchef that I carry and use the quick disconnect under the rv.

Let us know if you decide on the 33CK and read that other post. Beware they are changing the exterior color I believe. It looks like they may switch to a solid dark grey instead of the two-tone. I like the two-tone better, but I haven't seen one in person yet so we'll see.

Randall.