Voltage-how low can you go?

ChopperBill

Everyone in this park complains of low voltage. I have a plug in volt meter that has a low red line at 114v and a high red line at 128v. It generally stays at "idle" at 118v. When multiple things are running it will drop below red line to 110v. We have to set the toaster at a higher setting than at home and the micro wave takes longer to heat things than our lower wattage unit at home. The ceramic heaters seem a little slow. No one has complained about anything being destroyed by by the low voltage but it can be annoying at times. Hurting anything?

on edit: Failed to mention that the reading lights at night dim and brighten noticeably. Batteries check OK and are full of water.

Hastey

Oklahoma Chapter Leaders
Some of the lower voltage can cause damage and/or shorten the life span of some of your equipment. When I was living in base camps powered by generators we had issues with voltage dropping and causing strain on equipment.

I would speak with the parks management, sounds like they have a issue that need immediate equipment.

branson4020

Icantre Member
Low voltage is hardest on motors. Its probably the #1 killer of RV air conditioners. My surge guard cuts out at somewhere around 108V. As for lights dimming/brightening, if they're 12V lights its probably just your converter doing its thing (it can switch between 13.2V, 13.6V and 14.4V as required.)

ChopperBill

This park is OLD like most of them here along the river. Probably needs the whole park rewired. I am sure they are not going to be too keen on doing that.