driver ticketed for using bio-fuel

mobilrvn

What should the government do with plug-ins? They are "avoiding" the taxes, aren't they--so much a kilowatt? Love the maximum stupidity---no good deed goes unpunished, I guess.

iefpro01

I watched "who killed the electric car" last night. I was very skeptical of their assumptions, until the very end. I was especially leery of the premise that GM and other car companies were behind it. I mean, I thought why in the world would a car company want kill something they can sell?

The they showed a segment of all the products that the car companies sell for maintenance of internal combustion engines and how they would lose an enormous amount of profit is we went away from the internal combustion engine - and suddenly it made sense to me! I worked for a an outsourcer for one of the big auto companies, and I remember one of the main systems we maintained was SPO (Service Parts Organization) and I remember that many times I heard people say that it was the biggest profit center they had… Wow, suddenly it made sense, an electric car rarely needs oil or filters, they do not need sir filters, spark plugs, regular batteries, brakes (most electric cars use a special braking system that generates electricity), mufflers, tail pipes, fuels filters, fuel pumps and on and on…

Now this article actually plays into something that they did not even say in the show, the governments local, state and federal would lose billions of tax dollars if we all started using electric cars! So, now I get why they are pushing hydrogen instead of electric! They plan on selling hydrogen just like they do gas, so they can tax every gallon or what ever the measure will be. How do you tax electricity in the same way? Think about it, if you raised the taxes on electricity it would become an enormous tax for all electricity and folks would just turn it off! Solar and wind power would suddenly be affordable and then we would all go off the grid, OMG this really is a big conspiracy! LETS run for the hills!

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!