Access behind fireplace.

Steadfast

We have a 2011 3670RL BH and I would like to get at the subwofer behind the fireplace. Has anyone done this and how hard was it. I am afraid of doing damage to the trim if I pull in the wrong spot. Thanks.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
I have removed the fireplace on both Bighorns we have owned. It is easy using the correct tool. You will need a pry bar that is made for removing casings. It has a wide flat pry area. Look closely and you will see where the brads are. Just take your time and don't force anything. I will not hurt to put a piece of cardboard behind the fulcrum area when you are prying.
Once you have the trim removed there should be 4 screw, two on each side, holding the fireplace in. You will need the square bit for that.
When the fireplace is out it is a good time to remove the glass and clean it inside and out.

Peace
Dave

Gaffer

Hey Dave............Did you find a good way to re-attach the trim to make it more removal friendly?

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired
We have a 2011 3670RL BH and I would like to get at the subwofer behind the fireplace. Has anyone done this and how hard was it. I am afraid of doing damage to the trim if I pull in the wrong spot. Thanks.

I have been procrastinating about doing the same mod. If you could post some pics of your process, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Trace

I was reading cookie's post about removing the trim.
I just grabbed the top of the trim with my hands and pulled, and it came right off. No tools needed. Lined up the brad holes and pushed it back on.

Hockster

=======================================================================================================================================

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Hey Dave............Did you find a good way to re-attach the trim to make it more removal friendly?
Well I guess you could use Gary's (Hockster) method, it sounds like it worked.
I just took my brad nailer and nailed it back on.

Peace
Dave

tweber

Founding Wisconsin Chapter Leader-Retired
For a few bottles of chocolate wine Cookie may even come over and remove and reattach the trim :)

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Question, why are trying to get at the sub woofer? If its because it doesnt work...maybe its because it doesnt have one. Before you tear things apart, I would call HL ask the question 1st. Have your VIN# handy. The reason I'm telling you this is....a member of our Socal group did the same thing to his 3670 and found HL doesn't install them anymore. Think his is 2010 or 2011.

Steadfast

Question, why are trying to get at the sub woofer? If its because it doesnt work...maybe its because it doesnt have one. Before you tear things apart, I would call HL ask the question 1st. Have your VIN# handy. The reason I'm telling you this is....a member of our Socal group did the same thing to his 3670 and found HL doesn't install them anymore. Think his is 2010 or 2011.

I removed the face plate for the phone and peeked into that space. Yes, there is a sub woofer there(Panasonic). I just have never heard it and want to verify that it is working. I may replace it if it is defective.
Thanks for all the good replys.
Craig

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Well maybe Trace got stiffed on his. Our 07 has one but only works when we are watching a DVD.

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired

I have a very late 2011. mfg Jan 2012.
Which brand entertainment unit do you have? Mine is a Jensen all in one and there is no subwoofer per HL. Thanks Trace

Last edited:

hillsonwheels

My 2 pennies..........You do not really have to have to have sub woofer in hand to verify it is working. You can use a AA battery to get a sound from all speakers. Remove the speaker wires from the back of the tuner/dvd player. Touch a wire to each end of battery and you'll hear a noise from whichever speaker being tested.

Having said that, someone like Jim Beletti, can explain it mobettah.

Dick

Steadfast

I have a very late 2011. mfg Jan 2012.
Which brand entertainment unit do you have? Mine is a Jensen all in one and there is no subwoofer per HL. Thanks Trace

We really don't know what brand of entertainment unit was originally in the 3670. Several trailers were hit at the dealer by thieves stealing the tv and entertainment unit before we bought the trailer. The dealer replaced the TV with a Samsung and the entertainment unit with something called a Dynex DX-HTIB. It is the size of a dvd player, but includes the radio.
Craig