New(er) Key Largo Furniture Question

mmomega

AnyTimer
Ok, I just did some surfing around the Heartland website and noticed the new couch that spans the entire width of the back and the theater style recliners.

Anyone have these in their trailers? I'd like to know what kind of price these are going for or if I'd be better off finding some elsewhere than getting them from HL.

Terry H

Past Texas North Chapter Leader/Moderator
Staff member
J.D.,

In 2005 when we bought our 2006 Big Horn, we went to Haverty's Furniture and bought a couch w/fold out bed that went wall to wall in the rear cap. The bed was queen size. I don't remember the cost of the couch, but the couch and 2 Lazyboy recliners were $1678.

mmomega

AnyTimer
J.D.,

In 2005 when we bought our 2006 Big Horn, we went to Haverty's Furniture and bought a couch w/fold out bed that went wall to wall in the rear cap. The bed was queen size. I don't remember the cost of the couch, but the couch and 2 Lazyboy recliners were $1678.

That's not bad for the price. Only thing I have to consider is how deep the sofa is so that the slides on either side still close fine. I'll go pick it up tomorrow to get ready for the rally and take some measurements then. I know the new sofas are 84" side to side.
I'm just not a huge fan of these rocker/glider recliners but they do the job until I can find something else.

mikeandconnie

Ours couch will be coming out when our KL arrives next month, we will be replacing it with a $250 dollar futon from Walmart.I,m not really a walmart shopper but we now use one that our son used in college. It sits and sleeps so well most nights Connie and I just sleep on the couch. We had a friend stay with us 3 months and she loved sleeping on the couch up or down. I plan to cover the mattress the same with 2 inch memory foam have a nice cover made for it. We will keep the theater style recliners for sure in it

jbeletti

Mike and Connie,

You can delete furniture for credit if you wish. If your coach has not gone online yet, ask your dealer what the credit would be to remove it and use that $ towards what you really want. That said, RV furniture makes great gifts to family :)

Jim

krhyde

Kentucky Chapter Leaders-retired
We love the 84" sofa in our Key Largo. It is comfortable. We have not yet slept on it but it is comfortable for sitting and watching TV. The recliners are OK but I'm 6'4" tall and the recliners are too small for me. I wish I had ordered the theater seating but didn't. We will probably change them out for at least one larger recliner or perhaps a reclining love seat. Enjoy your new Key Largo. Ken

mmomega

AnyTimer
We love the 84" sofa in our Key Largo. It is comfortable. We have not yet slept on it but it is comfortable for sitting and watching TV. The recliners are OK but I'm 6'4" tall and the recliners are too small for me. I wish I had ordered the theater seating but didn't. We will probably change them out for at least one larger recliner or perhaps a reclining love seat. Enjoy your new Key Largo. Ken

See that is my problem too, I think I am a little too tall for the recliners, 6'2" and it's hard to get comfortable in the chair, especially with it reclined. Most of the time it won't stay reclined I guess because my legs are so long and that extra length and weight closes the footrest almost every time, it doesn't really lock into position.
It is sad to hear that you like the sofa so much or I'd try to take it off your hands :cool:

Yeah we love this trailer, huge huge improvements over our SOB we had before but it was a toy hauler so living space was not a priority when they built it, the amount of open area in the KL is great. We bought it at the Dallas RV show last Feb, 2psnapod was the first couple I knew of that ordered one but I think we were the first ones to take delivery of the first KL... at least one the forums anyway.

mikeandconnie

Thanks Jim,

Connie loves the couch, we will keep it and put in a guest room at home. We will need it again if we ever trade. I'm glade we kept the couch for the 2009 as you see we need it again.

The reason for the change Connie's mother travels with us for months sometime, we need a good second bed for her. We will try the couch out a few days before I recruit the High school football team to get it out of the door. This will be fun!

Last edited:

wildwolfproducts

We like both in our Key Largo. And for what they are. They allow me to take a nap without any issues. Plus plenty of storage in both. The theater recliners have lots of storage under the center. A sliding tray for remotes and then more under that.
The big sofa has one 1/4 of it left side storage and then storage under the rest next to the floor. We have not aired up the bed yet. I need to do that and not wait unit we need it to try it out.
Pete

we just slept in our new 2013 Key Largo for the first time last weekend. The couch is wall to wall but is too narrow to be comfortable. The recliners are also too narrow (at the seat) to get comfortable. They also do not stay reclined. Horrible furniture for the price of this unit. We will be removing this and trying to find more comfortable stuff. Anyone want my new furniture let me know and we can work out a deal.

danemayer

we just slept in our new 2013 Key Largo for the first time last weekend. The couch is wall to wall but is too narrow to be comfortable. The recliners are also too narrow (at the seat) to get comfortable. They also do not stay reclined. Horrible furniture for the price of this unit. We will be removing this and trying to find more comfortable stuff. Anyone want my new furniture let me know and we can work out a deal.

DW says she prefers to sleep in the bedroom.:p

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
Ours couch will be coming out when our KL arrives next month, we will be replacing it with a $250 dollar futon from Walmart.I,m not really a walmart shopper but we now use one that our son used in college. It sits and sleeps so well most nights Connie and I just sleep on the couch. We had a friend stay with us 3 months and she loved sleeping on the couch up or down. I plan to cover the mattress the same with 2 inch memory foam have a nice cover made for it. We will keep the theater style recliners for sure in it

You might want to try the airbed in the couch first...IMHO, it is much more comfortable than ANY futon I've ever used...

MICKEY

Past Florida Chapter Leader
kakampers;
Kathy do you remember how wide the couch was in the NEW KL with side tables built into wall. We did a lot of measuring at Hershey but somehow lost that measurement. Also how deep is the back wall to slide? We too are looking at a NEW KL.

Mickey

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
Mickey, I think the couch was 84", but not positive. As for the rear cap, not sure either, but to hold just about any reasonably sized, non-overstuffed couch it would have to be at least 36" deep.

cool...we could be twins...LOL!!! Who are thinking of ordering from?? The new Key Largo is a beauty, and is EXACTLY what I've been waiting for....