Carrier for generator

Skyhwk

Does anybody have generator on their MPG I am looking for a good way to mount a carrier on my MPG for a generator. The gerator is a small 3000 watt Kipor

Skyhwk

I picked up the trailer yesterday. Today I was checking it out and there is a label beside the hitch and it says NOT TO EXCEED 250lbs is this on any other MPG trailers

marc515

Mine also says 250Lbs. However, when I called the factory to confirm I got a very confusing answer. The Heartland Rep indicated that they have had problems and were reducing the capacity on the current models to 150Lbs which would provide an extra margin of error.

When I replied with "Be careful of the weight; I was told by Heartland the the hitch is rated for 150Lbs" I was thinking you had a new MPG.

kb0zke

Also, consider that a small, lightweight generator sitting out may not be there when you return. I think I'd keep mine in the tow vehicle except when actually using it.

westxsrt10

Perfict Senior Member
I think I have the problem with a bunch of rienforcing the bumper mounting a different hitch

Do you have a bumper on the back like mine?
I mounted the gen. on top of the bumper as shown, that way it dosn't bounce around or stick out the back too far. I use a custom cover to protect it while traveling. Mine weights 85lbs full of gas.

Attachments

• genMount.jpg
    genMount.jpg
    172.9 KB · Views: 99
  • ebay pics 064.jpg
    ebay pics 064.jpg
    370.3 KB · Views: 97

Skyhwk

I had the bumper reinforced (3x3x1/4 angle) had a reciever welded to it and welded a 2x2 tube welded in to mount the front of reciever to and used alum carrier to set it on which is now solid

Skyhwk

I just got back from a 2 week 4400 mile trip had no problems with carrier for the generator no broke welds or anything this has been a learning process. Thanks for all the comments