Very annoying squeak/noise at front of coach after set-up

Tom606

We are on our maiden voyage in our 33QS, third "stop" now heading south from DC area. Yesterday after setting up, a very annoying squeak developed underneath the front left of the bedroom. Every time you take a step in the bedroom you hear a fairly loud squeaking. Sounds like something is coming loose. Checked the front storage compartment and landing jacks/gears and things look solid. The noise is coming from above or behind this area. Propane compartment checked and all is tight. Underbelly storage area checked and all secure. Nothing in the bedroom closet is making the noise; retracted and extended the bedroom slideout; still makes noise. I am looking for a bolt or nut to tighten... Going underneath after it warms up a bit outside to see if anything under the coach is coming loose.

Any ideas? Suggestions?

Thanks!

jimtoo

Hi Tom 606,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and family. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge if needed.

I have heard of some squeaks in the floor before where all it needed was another screw in the right place. I would suggest you take it to your dealer or get some help locating it. There maybe someone else chime in also with a repair suggestion.

Jim M

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Have someone walk around while you are outside and see if you can locate the area of the noise.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Get it back to the dealer while you're still under warranty. I had what was an annoying squeak in the bedroom floor at the foot of the bed that I mentioned to the service advisor when I took it in for other work. You could even feel a ridge under the carpet. Turns out they had to disassemble most of the bedroom and front cap to fix the delaminating floor and weld some supports in. HL covered it under warranty.

Tom606

Thanks, all. I lowered the front end a smidge, and installed a king pin stabilizer that seems to have stopped the noise. I'll get it to the dealer this summer while still under warranty. Thanks again for the input. I added a pic in my profile as well at our first stop in TN - we really like the 33QS.

Ziarig

Our new 2013 3585 of five months has just developed a significant squeak/noise at the foot of the bed centered around the dresser. We will take it in for repair and post feedback on repair details.