All new 4100 "THE KING"

AJJONES

Senior GM for Cyclone, Torque, Gateway & Sundance
I wanted to start doing something new on our owner’s forms and giving the active people on the Cyclone community a special sneak peek at new prototype floor plans. We have a prototype of our all new 4100 bath and a half model coming very soon. I would like to get the opinion of everyone good or bad, some of the things they like or do not like? This is a very unique floor plan with a list of things never seen before in a toy hauler.

1. King size bed in the bedroom
2. All NEW his and her closets with built in washer / dryer prep
3. HUGE countertop space in the bathroom area, with more storage than any other floor plan we offer
4. A residential sunken fiberglass tub that you step down to from the bathroom area
5. A coat closet built into slide out as soon as you walk into the main entry way
6. A 55" flat screen TV in the main living area.
7. Island Kitchen with oversized countertop and bar stools
8. 1/2 bathroom for Garage area
9. Built in corner pantry shelves for kitchen built into 1/2 bathroom
10. Duel twin loft bunk beds for IPO the single queen loft bed
11. Sliding Glass door separating the garage area
12. Fireplace built into ENT center
13. Over head garage cabinetry the entire width of garage
14. And possible outside mini refer next to pass through storage

2012F_CY_4100_KING.jpg

tgreening

Most of that sounds pretty good, but I'm not too sure about the full size tub. On the toy haulers space is already something of a premium in the main "living" area and it seems the tub requires space that could be better dedicated to the kitchen/living area. There's a lot more time spent there then in the tub after all. Even my wife, practical girl that she is, would agree with that.

bill40

Most of that sounds pretty good, but I'm not too sure about the full size tub. On the toy haulers space is already something of a premium in the main "living" area and it seems the tub requires space that could be better dedicated to the kitchen/living area. There's a lot more time spent there then in the tub after all. Even my wife, practical girl that she is, would agree with that.
Have to agree with this, don't see the need for a full tub. Storage and living area are the most important, do agree with the 1/2 bath.

really like this floor plan... we are looking for a rig to use full time for at least 2 years... a "real" bathtub is on the wish list however, something we did not think we would find ~ everyone's situation is different but for us, this would be great... we recently started looking at the toy haulers - the only thing I personally do not like is the chunky and usually ugly furniture...

Urban350

I would definitly look at it but it does look like a lot of wasted space in the bathroom and not much room for kitchen cabinets or pantry. Or is that a pantry beside the fridge.

gpshemi

We were just at the Novi show and saw a unit with a sunken shower/mini tub. I have to say, being 6'1", It's the coolest feature I saw there. In fact it had me dreaming of retro fitting our 3612.

A 55" tv on the other hand is not something I'd want...and I own several large screen tvs. Its just too big for a camper. You don't have the viewing distance to make it right.

vakthund

I like the bedroom layout and the increased bathroom ceiling height (since I'm 6'7"). I would love a shower I can stand up in. Wife will love the tub. Does it come with a tankless water heater? King size bed a massive plus, been looking for a toy hauler with it.
I would extend the kitchen island to the 1/2 bath wall (make it a peninsula), I don't think an island is needed - we can always walk around it. That will add some additional cabinets/drawers and a little counter space.
There seems to be a lot of "unused" floor space in the bathroom at a cost of kitchen / living room space. Perhaps put the washer/dryer in the bathroom?
Agree that 55" may be a little much since there is not sufficient viewer distance but I'm willing to give it a try. :) I assume it has surround sound and a subwoofer. Suggest upgrade to blue-ray DVD with HDMI connectivity.
Very interested, when is the unveiling?

recumbent615

Founding MA Chapter Leader-retired
AJ,

Thanks for sharing. Depending on how much of a step down the tub is - it could be a liability, but like others I am 6.3 and would love to not hit my head taking a shower in my rig. I also have to agree that I would like to see more options for furniture - not every toy hauler owner has 10 people camping with them... so a more refined dinning table and a sofa or a love seat / recliner would be a wonderful option. Please Please Please - can we try to address the lack of heat and poor cooling in the garage? Also - the King Bed is a great idea - but an IPO option for a Queen with end tables would be super as well.

Again thanks for sharing and allowing us the opportunity to provide feedback

Kevin

AJJONES

As far as the furniture goes we can do any configuration you like. That is why we try to utilize the mega slide in every floor plan because it gives us so many options for furniture in the unit. You can get the huge couch with built in recliners (standard), free standing table and small couch, booth dinette and couch, and we have swapped out the small couch for swivel recliners or euro chairs many times. If it has a mega slide you can pick any configuration that you like. We need to do a better job of marketing that to the customers and I appreciate you pointing that out. You can also swap out the king for a queen and get a larger night stand on the one side. As far as the garage heat goes we are unfortunately limited to the ducts that we can run to the garage, and I have heard this from a few customers saying the same thing. I am working on an option right now to have a second smaller heater that is for the garage only. I will keep you updated as we start digging more into this option.

AJJONES

I would definitly look at it but it does look like a lot of wasted space in the bathroom and not much room for kitchen cabinets or pantry. Or is that a pantry beside the fridge.

There is one pantry in between oven and refer, the storage between the door and the refer is a closet for coats and boots (that could actually be used as a pantry). The Radius corner of half bath is also corner shelves that will also work for more storage.

TwoGypsies

The bedroom arrangement addresses one of our biggest issues with our 3812 which is to have reasonable bed access on both sides. We thought we wanted a king bed but have found the queen size to be fine, so it's good that king vs queen will be an option.
The loft arrangement sounds interesting but is hard to picture based on the floor plan. Sleeping arrangements in the main cabin are important for us when we're travelling with grandkids and toys, at least until we get to a longer term spot where we unload toys. More accessible pantry space will be greatly appreciated as well.
55" tv seems like overkill. I'd suggest that be an optional upgrade. Ditto on the bathtub. To me some added space would be better.
Overall, it seems really nice and I'm looking forward to seeing one, or at least some pictures someday. The main concern will be holding the weight down, especially pin weight. I have an F350 dually and am at my limit on pin weight. Sales of this trailer could be seriously affected by the need for a TV upgrade.

porthole

Retired
1. King size bed in the bedroom
2. All NEW his and her closets with built in washer / dryer prep
3. HUGE countertop space in the bathroom area, with more storage than any other floor plan we offer
4. A residential sunken fiberglass tub that you step down to from the bathroom area
5. A coat closet built into slide out as soon as you walk into the main entry way
6. A 55" flat screen TV in the main living area.
7. Island Kitchen with oversized countertop and bar stools
8. 1/2 bathroom for Garage area
9. Built in corner pantry shelves for kitchen built into 1/2 bathroom
10. Duel twin loft bunk beds for IPO the single queen loft bed
11. Sliding Glass door separating the garage area
12. Fireplace built into ENT center
13. Over head garage cabinetry the entire width of garage
14. And possible outside mini refer next to pass through storage

1. For us, having two kings in the house (master and guest) is something I would not purchase again. Queen is big enough the the cost increase with linens for the king is ridiculous.
  2. Closets are great - but why did you make "his" closet so big?
  3. Personally, I think the bathroom is too big. With our Cyclone the bathroom is a bit small and the bedroom is at least 2' too short. Since all of the conventional Cyclones have about the same floor plan forward of the steps I would keep that in mind.
  4. Not for us, but if I was well north of 6' like some of our members............................
  5. Closets are good. The closet you picture with the fridge and pantry I assume is using a conventional fridge. Our next trailer will have the mega fridge. What loses on this one with the double door? Pantry or closet? Still need a closet and still need a place to store food.
  6. I like big TVs. Name brands only please, and there are only a few to consider. Same with decent speakers in the ceiling and around the coach.
  7. Island is nice and one of the features we like with the Key Largo.
  8. If we were to buy another toy hauler it most defiantly will have a 1/2 bath. Would like to see that worked into a Landmark.
  9. What is being lost in the 1/2 to accommodate this?
  10. No opinion
  11. We have a slider on the 3010. It is barely big enough. I cut the bumpers short to gain an additional 1.5". With the 1/2 bathroom I just don't see how a slider would be practical. Plus with the slide in, it would be of minimal use. The finished swing door with glass panels I think gives a better finished look.
  12. Our next coach will definitely have the fireplace option. The 3010 will eventually if I decide a unit to install.
  13. Don't the Cyclones already have that? I don't use it for a lot, but I would not want to be without it.
  14. Mini fridge would is not a priority for us. But, it is something that might grow on us.

What kind of door separates the bedroom from the living area?

Generally speaking, the floor plan shows a lack of storage.

Looks like the only real way to tell is to build up the prototype then have one you your club members demo it for a month or 2.
I might know someone willing to help out with that :cool:

rustyshakelford

I'd much rather have the bed in the cap of the trailer and have the closet in the slide. We really miss nightstands and it is a royal pain to make the bed. This is a deal breaker for us now that we have experienced this.

Brett

recumbent615

Founding MA Chapter Leader-retired
Looks like the only real way to tell is to build up the prototype then have one you your club members demo it for a month or 2.
I might know someone willing to help out with that :cool:

Duane,

and after 2 months - it would have all the required options and modes installed too !!! :cool:

Kevin

aquadawg

AJ,
I really like this floor plan. My wife and I have been researching for a toy hauler that would hold up to fulltimer use when we retire, and this floor plan comes closest to our needs. This is the first high end TH we have seen with a king bed...outstanding. Large bathroom is great, the wife likes to soak in the tub. The 1/2 bath would be good for keeping odors away from the bedroom.

I too would think the 55" TV would be too big and cause eye strain from being too close.

As to the loft, our plan is to use it for storage instead of a sleeping area. The smaller twin size loft would probably work better for this. Assuming the double bunk loft would lower the headroom in the garage, we would prefer a single twin size loft option to increase the headroom in the front of the garage. Hope that makes sense.

We also plan to put two mega sized recliners in the garage against the back door, and raise them up on the telescoping bed platform while the quads are loaded underneath. Of course, some kind of bigger screen TV on the front wall for watching the football game from our mega recliners. :)

Perhaps you guys could come up with a "fulltimers edition" cyclone.... :D

-David

MurrayN.

I have to agree with a lot of the posts above. Most toyhaulers on the market have very limited kitchen and no garage storage. Where are the people who are sleeping in the back going to put any of their stuff? Overhead cabinets all along one side would be a great start. How about a closet in the back to hang clothes / jackets etc? The pantry in the kitchen is long overdue. Some of your competition has been way ahead of you in that regard for a while. It just seems like such a waste that a person pays a huge premium for these toyhaulers when they are 1/3 empty of anything and then have little to no practical storage. Hopefully you can get this turned around.

ZAZ

2012F_CY_4100_KING.png