Upgrading to Slam Latches for Outside Storage Doors

fawwood

I have a 2010 Cyclone CY 3612 and want to upgrade the Storage Latches to the new "Slam" type Latches
that are being installed on the new models.

Does any know what the manufacturer & model number of the Latches?

faw

Wmnmy

I was lookin on the Internet for the same I don't know which model heartland uses but I found a rv website Fastec industrial they have several FIC locks with keys for storage doors. Model # 30205 and they are 12.50$ each.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
I would like to know also. But what do you do with the old style twist knobs?? If you remove them...then you have holes in the doors. If you buy 2 new lock/latch sets to cover the holes....then you still have the key lock hole.

porthole

Retired
Good find. I will call them tomorrow, I have a few questions. Mostly I want to see the cut template.
I figured I would just order one and give it a whirl, but shipping is $20!
Shipping for 8 latches would be $50, that is not going to happen.

JWalker

Northeast Region Director-Retired
Good find. I will call them tomorrow, I have a few questions. Mostly I want to see the cut template.
I figured I would just order one and give it a whirl, but shipping is $20!
Shipping for 8 latches would be $50, that is not going to happen.

Well Duane, are you going to give it a try. This would definately be an upgrade I would be interested in.

porthole

Retired
Well Duane, are you going to give it a try. This would definitely be an upgrade I would be interested in.

Been to busy to remember to call when I wasn't busy ;)

I'd be willing to give it a go, but the shipping is way too much for an experiment.

JWalker

Northeast Region Director-Retired
You might check this thread, Bob Vaughn found and made some changes to his...I understand these will just fit the holes already in the doors.

Link to Tweety's slam latches.

Jim M

Jim, Thanks. That would be a easier upgrade with less modification. It seems that these are on the same line as the Slam Latches. You just push a button instead of lifting a handle.

Duane, alot less shipping also. $15.95 shipping for 8 latches (3 locking and 5 push button).

recumbent615

Founding MA Chapter Leader-retired
Jim, Thanks. That would be a easier upgrade with less modification. It seems that these are on the same line as the Slam Latches. You just push a button instead of lifting a handle.

Duane, alot less shipping also. $15.95 shipping for 8 latches (3 locking and 5 push button).

The issue with these for me, is I believe that the only way to get them to retract is with a Key ( or push button ) so on a larger unit you will need to make one a lock and the second a push and every time you would need to use your key to open. Bob could confirm this since he has already installed them. Although I could see just replacing the twist latches with these as push buttons and leave the current lock in place for security.

Kevin

jimtoo

The issue with these for me, is I believe that the only way to get them to retract is with a Key ( or push button ) so on a larger unit you will need to make one a lock and the second a push and every time you would need to use your key to open. Bob could confirm this since he has already installed them. Although I could see just replacing the twist latches with these as push buttons and leave the current lock in place for security.

Kevin

OK... so it looks like you need a key each time? I would not think so,,I would hope the button would be there when unlocked all the time and just use the key to lock button... I will be going to Boerne, Tx in the next week or so...I will go by Tweety's and check them out. Unless Bob can confirm operation.

Jim M

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
Thats funny because I saw the Tweety's sign on a store near Boerne but never thought it was a store front.

From their website: You can shop online in our secure site for RV Accessories or from any product in our huge hitch and towing center.

jimtoo

Tweety's is actually a store front?

Yes Duane, it is a store, and Yes Jay,, you drove right past it if on I 10 West side of Boerne, Tx. They just in the last year or a little over moved here from out in the country. They have a small show room shopping area,, actually has more stock and stuff than the CW in New Braunsfels. The telephone sales area has 6 (I think) booths. Very clean,, really lots of stock for a small store. I am sure most of the telephone or web orders are a drop ship from a big warehouse somewhere. But if your in the area, stop in, really nice folks and good prices.

Jim M

porthole

Retired
Still waiting for an answer as to the cost of shipping.

This is not a rush for me and I will be in the area the end of September, so maybe I'll just wait and stop by then.