big country 3650 5th dealer complaint

cpl0199

i am an owner of a 2012 5th wheel that has been in the sop since oct 2011. i havetold by the dealer it was to be ready after xmas it was not, then i called two weeks ago amd was told it would be ready this past weekend, no call. i have had to call each timeto check on my rv. i have asked how thing are going but only am told they are working on it. i have not been happy with the dealer. i should not have to keep callin, they should be keeping me updated. i have owned other rvs and by far this is the worst service i have ever received. i am so upset that i considering looking at buying anew rv from a dealer i know and have dealt with in the past. yes i did have many repair items and many were repeat items from it being in the previously' i really liked the unit when i bought it and now i really wish i had not bought this unit. too much detail to state on this site. leo's vacation world gambrills maryland. my contactinformation keith warner cpl0199@verizon.net

slmayor

Founding California Northern Chapter Leader
Keith,
so sorry for your problems. I would call Heartland with your vin # and have them recommend another service center. I work in the service industry, and the only excuse for anything taking this long is if the parts are discontinued and have to be remanufactured from scratch, which certainly isn't the case on something this new. I have never had to wait more than 4 weeks for ANYTHING from Heartland. And we're not even a dealer.
With your vin# Heartland should be able to track your warranty parts for you and help get you back on the road and enjoying your RV.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Keith, sorry to hear of your dealer problems. First thing to do is call HL service and make sure you have your VIN# handy. Have them give you the name of a NEW service center. Trading in a new RV would be the last thing you would want to do. Its not HL that is your problem....its your dealer. By now I would have been standing on someones desk ....maybe the owners desk with a BIG STICK. Please just dont bash HL, but you can bash the dealer all you want. Keep us informed as to the outcome.

cpl0199

Thanks for all the replies. Heartland customer Service (ryan) called me yesterday and calmed me down. Heartland I really don't have a problem with but it is still there product. They need to know when customers are not happy. The reason I am not totally happy with HL is that several of my issues should have been addressed before the unit was shipped. I know they can't catch everything but quality control is key. I beleive the person who did quality control was either sleeping the day I had my unit looked at or they just didn't care. I have had good experince with HL and am really happy with their personnel and how Ryan handled the situation that he was confronted with. You are rigth the issue is with Leo's vacation world in Maryland. They are good at sales but they are very poor when it comes to servcie and customer service. I should not be the one calling to find out the status on my unit. I called them yesterday after speaking to Ryan and told them I wanted to talk with them about my unit but guess what I have not received a phone call from them. How concerned are they that they have a customer that is really upset. I know they are getting ready for show but if I appear at the show and speak to possible customers and relate my story to them, maybe they would then talk with me. I am still a little disturbed they haven't returned my call. I don't care how busy they are, I am a customer who is unhappy at this point and it will take quite a bit to make me a happy customer. From day one when I took delivery to this point. When I took delivery the unit was not right and I should not have removed it from their lot. Craig the service manager has been very polite and I beleive he has his hands tied by managment. Word of mouth is the best thing that I found can hurt. Thanks for listening to me, this is how I am able to vent. Have a great day.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Keith, so what was the outcome with Ryan at HL?? Is your dealer just jacking you around?? Yes somethings get over looked by the plant workers....but.... your dealer was payed by HL to look your coach over and do any repairs BEFORE you took delivery.

cpl0199

well i finally received a call today from leos and was tokld it would beready on wednesday. stay tune and i will let you knoew if that actually happens. thanks again to ryan and heartland.

2psnapod2

Texas-South Chapter Leaders-Retired
I would not wait for a call from Leos, I would show up with your truck and get it no matter what. Then call HL and get authorized to take it to another dealer even one that does not carry HL products. HL will authorize you to do this.

mjatwalker

Retired MD Chapter ******s
Keith, Sorry to here about your troubles. I hope the folks at Leo's steps up and takes care of you. Please keep us posted and we hope to see you at one of this years rallies.

cpl0199

bob, ryan at heartland has been great. he really didnt say what the problem was, but i found out that their service department is having major issues. i have bought my first and last rv from leos in maryland. customer service is terrible.

PeternLiane

Heartlands customer service is one of the best. I agree with you, I would never go back to that dealer period.