Questions about the Cyclone 2812

rcdave

I am interested in a new Cyclone CY 2812. Can someone help me with the following:

* Is there a door separating the living cabin from the upstairs bedroom? if not can one be ordered as an option?
* What is the dimensions of the passthrough basement storage? Width, height, and door openings?
* Is there a dinette option instead of the swivel chairs (that also folds down into a bed?)
* Can a unit be ordered with the linoluem floor to the back to the trailer (instead of the rubber diamondplate)
* Does the TV in the upper cabinet lower for more eye level viewing?

Thank you : )

AJJONES

Senior GM for Cyclone, Torque, Gateway & Sundance
* Is there a door separating the living cabin from the upstairs bedroom? if not can one be ordered as an option? - Yes there is a pocket door that seperates the bedroom from the living area

* What is the dimensions of the passthrough basement storage? Width, height, and door openings? - The pass through storage dimiensions are Off door side 32x32, Door side 52x32, Pass 24x96

* Is there a dinette option instead of the swivel chairs (that also folds down into a bed?) - No there is not

* Can a unit be ordered with the linoluem floor to the back to the trailer (instead of the rubber diamondplate) - We could go all beauflor (linoluem) through the garage however it would not be warrentied because it is not fuel and oil resistant. Rubber, fuel, and oil would eventially stain and damage the flooring.
* Does the TV in the upper cabinet lower for more eye level viewing? - No

I hope this answers all of your questions

rcdave

Thank you for answering all my questions! I really appreciate it. I've seen pictures of the 2812 on line but couldn't find one that has a picture of the pocket door. Do you have one that you can post? I've seen one picture where there is some sort of vinyl sliding privacy screen inside the bedroom but no pocket door.

Roadie2

I purchased a 2812 last November. The 2012 model has a cloth privacy door. Pocket door isn't available because the wall is curved...

craiglud

I am also looking at the CY 2812 or RW 281. I currently have a 25' TT and am considering at smaller toy hauler 5er. I mostly boondocks with the family of 6 in forest camping areas so Im concerned about overall length which is one reason I like the smaller Cyclone. I also have a family of 6 and need sleeping areas for my 3 girls and 1 boy. It looks like this trailer has a lot to offer in a small package.

I was looking at the weights and it looks like it might need a 1 Ton with the hitch weight almost approaching 2k lbs. I was looking at a 3/4 ton Dodge 2500, diesel, 4.1 gears. It is rated for 2,118 lbs payload and 13,150 lbs towing capacity. I do not have any toys yet so total weight would be ok but I would have a lot of weight on the hitch without a toy

stsmark

Craigud,
We have 2011 2812 and love it. The grey tank could be a little small for 6 boon docking. Ours has been excellent after a couple dealer fixed issues.
i towed mine with a 2001 F250 with bags no issues. I now have 2011 F350 SRW and they're perfect together. My unit is loaded and it weighed 9520 from Heartland.
IMHO the loft storage is priceless, I'm so glad we have it compared to a high ceiling and junky fan. Great for light and bulky items. Feel free with any questions.
Mark

craiglud

Thanks Mark, we are really debating between a 35' model and this shorter 30' 2812. I want to still be able to get to the back woods spots we visit today. We have been able to look at the 35' versions and my local dealer should have a 2812 on the lot in the next couple of weeks so we can actually see one in person :)

craiglud

Mark,
Also wondering if your f350 is at stock ride heigh or if it's 4x4 and lifted at all. Was looking at the Dodge 3500 srw in 4x4 and notice that it is lifted maybe 3 inches from the 2wd version. I'm wondering it that cod cause a problem with towing nose up?
Also it looks like the fit between the chairs and the couch/table is a little tight? Is it a problem? Thanks again.