Key Largo - Bedside Table/Space?

debron9111

We love the Key Largo and plan on purchasing in the next couple years, upgrading from a Flagstaff TT. The website/brochure shows nothing next to bed for a glass, clock, etc. Does anyone have one that can verify that this is fact. If so, anyone know if there are plans to incorporate a small bedside space by increasing the slide or ?? So far that is the only flaw we can find on this great model.

Debbie & Ron
2012 Flagstaff 831FKBSS
2004 Ford Expedition

Sanford, MI

krhyde

Kentucky Chapter Leaders-retired
We have a 2012 Key Largo. There is no room for a bedside table, however, we use the small table from the living room. It fits between the bed and the bathroom wall about 3-4 feet from the head of the bed. Several folks have made a shelf to mount over the headboard. I may try something like that this summer. The Key Largo is a great 5th wheel and we are very happy with outs. Ken

debron9111

Ken, Thanks for the speedy reply. Sounds like there solutions and perhaps Heartland will modify this in the future. We are planning on living in the KL 9 months a year! Debbie

mikeandconnie

I may be wrong but I saw a Big Horn with the same bed set up as the KL but with a queen bed. It had a bedside space. We did order a queen bed and hoping it has the same set up. If it does I will post a picture on this thread.

2psnapod2

Texas-South Chapter Leaders-Retired
We bought these shelves/ cubbies from Camping World. The don't hold a glass or clock but maybe you could turn them upside down or make something like them.

Attachments

• 2011-10-21_10-13-48_49.jpg
    2011-10-21_10-13-48_49.jpg
    723.8 KB · Views: 72

2psnapod1

Texas-South Chapter Leader-Retired
While at the Tampa RV show Jim Beletti had a conversation with Kary Katzenberger (hope I didn't obliterate his name!) in regards to incorporating some kind of bedside table in the Key Largo. Hopefully Jim can offer a little more insight.

The king bed is standard but if you go with the queen option you do get one night stand.

jbeletti

Perfect on both names Kelly.

I went over the KL pretty well with Kary at the show and he is on board with doing. With no room for night stands, the best case will be some sort of shelves. What we talked about was doing something on the vertical slide fascia.

Not sure what he'll come up with or when. If it's a fascia mounted shelf, it will "not" likely be retrofittable to existing units.

Stay tuned :)

debron9111

Jim,
I see you are selling your San Antonio (Demo). We are most likely not able to buy our KL until 2014 (have two homes to sell) so how about replacing your SA with a 2012 KL and in two years we will be your buyers!! LOL - just hoping the way you load them up :)

2psnapod2

Ron and Debbie, the last I heard Jim is getting a Key Largo. So just maybe the timing will work out for you.

mmomega

AnyTimer
I'd smack my head at least once a night if I mounted a shelf under the window lol.
I usually place anything I have in the wall shelves beside the closet door. I say shelves, more like square holes in the wall but they hold most of Glendas blow dryers, flat iron, remotes, iPad and my glasses at night :)

debron9111

Sounds like an alternative. But still feel that they need to modify the bed slide so at least there is a side table like the San Antonio. That is the only deficiency we can see in the KL so far :).

jbeletti

Sounds like an alternative. But still feel that they need to modify the bed slide so at least there is a side table like the San Antonio. That is the only deficiency we can see in the KL so far :).

I have to agree - that was the only significant turn-off for me with the KL. But if that's the biggest one, I guess it's an RV I can love. I also agree with what JD said about knocking his head into any shelving placed below the windows.

Jim

2psnapod2

I have had our shelves up since almost day one, and neither of us have ever had any issues with the shelves being in the way or us hitting our heads with them. I guess maybe we stay more in the middle of the king bed.

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
IMG_0509.jpgIMG_0510.jpg This is what we did with our new Big Country. Went down to Lowe's and found a shelf that was very close to the woodtrim in the trailer. To attach, we used the large Command Strips, not having to punch thru the wall and possible damaging the exterior side wall. So far it's been real steady during some our bumpy travels.

Why not go with the Grand Canyon with the Queen Bed option.
Then you get stands on both sides.
That's the same floor plan as my Big Country 3450TS and I ordered the Queen Bed option and have one large night stand with 2 drawers and one smaller stand with one door.
We love the 3450TS because of the huge kitchen (we both like to cook) and the huge amount of storage in this coach.

Hockster

======================================================================================================================================

Camper51

Why not go with the Grand Canyon with the Queen Bed option.
Then you get stands on both sides.
That's the same floor plan as my Big Country 3450TS and I ordered the Queen Bed option and have one large night stand with 2 drawers and one smaller stand with one door.
We love the 3450TS because of the huge kitchen (we both like to cook) and the huge amount of storage in this coach.

Hockster

======================================================================================================================================
We are looking at a Landmark Rushmore. I too, was concerned about the lack of nightstands/shelves. Our solution to that is to order a queen bed IPO king bed. This allows a very nice cabinet with counter top on the left side of the bed.