Added lighting

yepuhuh

In our BigHorn I added lighting in the closet where the washer/dryer go and another light in the closet so I can see when it is dark. and a light inside the cabinet above the table. It is amazing how few lights we really have and there placement.

I bought the single blade switch lights that match the others for 3.99 a piece!

Westwind

We have a 2012 3070RL, it does have a light in the closet, but not over the WD, that's a project that I'm going to work on because it is needed. My wife has a small lamp on the dresser and always turns that on but we put it away when traveling and only use it when we are set up for awhile. So one of the $3.99 lights would work well. I'm just
going to route a wire over to the closet light and wire the two together. Just have to make sure I use the right 12 volt wire.

KENNY COCHRAN

MCNEESE STATE COWBOYS #1
Just have to make sure I use the right 12 volt wire.
LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU BUY THAT IS DIFFERENT THAN 120 VOLT WIRE?

Westwind

Thought it was a 12 volt wire? But then i really don't know what it is? Detective work is the order!

I have a Bighorn 3070 rl and I do not have any lights in the washer/dryer closet. I have a light in the closet ceiling next to this area and was wondering if I could fish a wire from this light fixture through the ceiling to an area above the washer/dryer area. How did you run your wires. Thanks!

CliffP

Great Thread! Would you please send pictures Yepuhuh? Please post pictures when you're done too Westwind.

Westwind

Just for the record - since this FW is in warranty until 7/28 I'm not touching or making any changes until then so I guess I should have said there will be a delay. We are also on a 2 1/2 month trip to Florida and I don't want to mess with anything since I have a talent of messing up! Right now our Bighorn is performing like a champ. We love it.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
I have a Bighorn 3070 rl and I do not have any lights in the washer/dryer closet. I have a light in the closet ceiling next to this area and was wondering if I could fish a wire from this light fixture through the ceiling to an area above the washer/dryer area. How did you run your wires. Thanks!
I just used some wire holders to attach the wires in the corner between the ceiling and wall up behind the sliding mirror doors.
I added a second light in the front closet and one in the laundry closet. Glad I did and it took about a half hour to complete.
See the attached pics.

Peace
Dave

Attachments

• light1.jpg
    light1.jpg
    228.3 KB · Views: 189
  • light2.jpg
    light2.jpg
    149.1 KB · Views: 167
  • light3.jpg
    light3.jpg
    210.6 KB · Views: 171

yepuhuh

I actually ran standard 16 guage stero speaker wire form an existing light thru the roof.

In the closet, it was real easy sending a fish tape to another location of which I had to drill a 3/4 hole into. The foam in the roof is not to terribly bad, but where the aluminum frames are it can be a bgger to get past that.

Nonethe less the one in the DW area was fairly easy to do that until i hit the aluminum framing and culd not go under it or over it. So that is where my light is mounted and it works out great. So my original closet light is also the power source to my DW light and my additional light in the closet over my clothes!

The light over the table was ez to run a wire from to a new light in the cabinet. We have all f our DVDs in there nad it was normally too dark . Not any more.

My next modification is putting the satellite receiver in the middle or right most cabinet above the tv instead of in there with the av unit and dvd player. A lot of heat is built up in there. Or I may just install a 12volt fan, to exhaust it.