Cell Phone Antenna

nhunter

I dont have one as I went with the digital booster, but I personally know of two guys the have one and love it and have seen many more on service trucks around over the years.

Jimmyt5

I am using the trucker on a Sprint phone and it works great.
Just make sure your phone will except an external ant. and you can get the adapter that fits your phone.
Jim

ct0218

John
I did a lot of research on this because of the poor signal in the NC mountains. You might want to check out the one I bought-smoothtalker.com. This company has a completely different view on cell amplification. I can tell you mine works very well, and not just looking at signal strength on the phone display but actual phone calls in remote areas.

jbeletti

Hi John,

I have not used that specific antenna but use other Wilson cellular antennas. I have several antennas on my car and truck for various things and on the cellular antennas, I have used WPS Antennas. Great customer service and fast shipping. Here's a link to their cellular antennas page.

Like Tim at RVcams.com, you can get these people on the phone too. Something so rare in today's online businesses.

Jim

jpmorgan37

You are so right on that Jim. Two phone calls in the past two day and talked to India both times. It's a little more than I understand-no, I do understand and it is very disappointing, but that's another story that I won't get into.

John

jbeletti

John,

WPSAntennas is out of Rochester, MN.

I spoke to Matt Larson last. Below is his contact info.

WPSAntennas
7389 Airport View Drive SW
Suite 200
Rochester MN 55902
507 282 8484 Ext: 1020
877 594 5766 Ext: 1020
Fax: 866 827 4052
matt.larson@wpsantennas.com

jpmorgan37

Thanks for all the information. I'll have to get in touch with Sprint and get my phones replaced, as neither have antennas. I'll be doing that after we get to Virginia in several weeks. Then, I will be doing something on several antennas. One for the RV and one for the TV. Maybe one for the car also. I'll post results when it's done.

John

nhunter

If you dont have antennas, you might want to look into the booster. Will bosst all digital signals wirelessly- Cellphones, aircards, etc.

jpmorgan37

nhunter;
Thanks for that info. I didn't understand that I didn't need an antenna on my phones for a digital booster. I'll be doing some research on that too.

John

SmokeyBare

John,

I use a Wilson Truckers Antenna bought at Quartzsite AZ. I'm parked now in the farm country of Ohio... with out the antenna I get sometimes one bar.... then the wind blows and there is NO Signal... I plug in the antenna and I can get all four bars on LG VX-3300 Phone using Verizon's service.

The phone had no plug in that was exposed.... I carved a small hole in the back to allow the cable to plug into the Phone. When I bought the antenna I also bought a quick disconnect that attaches to the ladder and I bought extra length of cable so we can move it about the RV when we use the phone.

One of the first things I do when we park is to check the phone... if the bars are low signal ... I use the attached quick disconnect I installed on the ladder... attach the antenna... and slip the cable through one of the slide room seal. Works very well...

Marv

jpmorgan37

Hi Marv;
I popped the back off of my LG LX150 and there is a hole under the battery, but no way to get to it. Right now, it looks like either a new phone or go with a Repeater/Amplifier set-up. I'll keep searching. Thanks for the info.
John