Hollow wall in the bathroom

ILH

We just recently enquired with the factory regarding having a towel bar mounted on the wall facing the toilet in our 305RW. We were advised that the wall was hollow and could not accommodate a towel bar. I would suggest that this would be a perfect spot for a mounting place inside the wall - since this is the most logical place for towel bar.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
I just went to the Heartland Website and looked at the floorplan slideshow and the picture they are showing in the bathroom shows a towel on a bar in the area you are asking about. I think if you installed a towel bar that was long enough to reach end to end on that wall you should be able to mount it to the end studs on that wall. Here's a LINK to that page.

ILH

There are a number of inaccuracies with Heartland's pictures and floorplan for the 305 - including a towel bar in the bathroom which is no longer available (and which they will not install as an option), the wall opposite the toilet is not quite as straght as the floorplan suggests, there is no pop-up kitchen counter top and finally (so far) there is no stove top cover.I wish Heartland would fix their pictures as these give false information when ordering.

pegmikef

I just attached a 1 X 2 wooden strip to the end studs and then screwed the hanger to the strip. I used a hanger I picked up at Ace hardware that accommodates two towels, one in front of the other.

PeternLiane

I just attached a 1 X 2 wooden strip to the end studs and then screwed the hanger to the strip. I used a hanger I picked up at Ace hardware that accommodates two towels, one in front of the other.

If you can add pictures that would be great. I'd love to see the modification.

pegmikef

If you can add pictures that would be great. I'd love to see the modification.

Here you go. I remembered wrong. I didn't have to go end to end because I found two studs and attached the wood strip to them. This is the wall behind the commode.

Attachments

• rack1.JPG
    rack1.JPG
    110.6 KB · Views: 385
  • rack2.JPG
    rack2.JPG
    155.1 KB · Views: 330
  • rack3.JPG
    rack3.JPG
    154 KB · Views: 291

ILH

Agreed - nice job. I was hoping to use the wall opposite the toilet - but I'm sure my wife will want something close to the sink too (for hands). Thanks for sharing.

Bob Vaughn

I had an over the door towel rack that had 3 bars on it....I drilled a hole in the top of each part that goes over the door then attached it to the bottom of shelf that is above the toilet.....

PeternLiane

Very nice mod Mike. I had to remove the lower shelf in our bathroom. Then I added a towel bar there. It'll be nice to be able to hang our towels up to dry.