Go RVing - "Away" Ad

2psnapod2

Texas-South Chapter Leaders-Retired
What a soothing, serene commercial. Makes you want to get out there and enjoy the great outdoors.

DRGalligher

Beautiful and well made - captures the reason we RV - to get away. I like this much better than the one with the cartoon type of wild animals.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
These ads were done by my former employer, The Richards Group. They do good work. :). Wish they had this account when I worked for them! I believe they used actual camping families in the ads, not actors.

E

2psnapod2

Texas-South Chapter Leaders-Retired
I would probably pulling out of that site with an extra empty seat. My wife likes his show Blue Bloods.

wdk450

Too bad this beautiful ad is countered by the prospect of $5.00 gas and $5.50 diesel this summer.

Hastey

Oklahoma Chapter Leaders
Too bad this beautiful ad is countered by the prospect of $5.00 gas and $5.50 diesel this summer.

Yep, I'm already saving back money for fuel in prep for high prices (Higher I should say) to make the trip to Wyoming and our annual late summer trip to Michigan. I may have to sell a kidney.

Stacy and I were just talking night before last and agreed that the trips in-between national rally and going to Michigan we do less traveling and just stay longer at destinations.

camr

It seems that we have taken the exit marked "Buzzkill", on the way to the town of "Reality" with the comments on fuel prices. Let's go a bit further down that highway..

We don't see the trailer dragging the water tank. Or the brand new, freshly waxed TT on the shoulder of the road, with the side blown out by a cheap Chinese tire fiasco. Or the gaggle of small children crying outside the 5'er, unable to watch Barney on the TV because every single freakin' cable TV connection was screwed up at the factory. Ya, every single one! Law of averages says they should have got one right. Oh well, back to our regularly scheduled Go RV'n commercial.

(This post was completely in jest. We have not had one single major issue with our Heartland product.)

Hastey

Oklahoma Chapter Leaders
It seems that we have taken the exit marked "Buzzkill", on the way to the town of "Reality" with the comments on fuel prices. Let's go a bit further down that highway..

We don't see the trailer dragging the water tank. Or the brand new, freshly waxed TT on the shoulder of the road, with the side blown out by a cheap Chinese tire fiasco. Or the gaggle of small children crying outside the 5'er, unable to watch Barney on the TV because every single freakin' cable TV connection was screwed up at the factory. Ya, every single one! Law of averages says they should have got one right. Oh well, back to our regularly scheduled Go RV'n commercial.

(This post was completely in jest. We have not had one single major issue with our Heartland product.)

You forgot dad pulling the black water cap to find out that you have a faulty black water valve and the crappy surprise awaiting him.

Hastey

Oklahoma Chapter Leaders
Welcome to the rest of the world.We have been $5.20 in Canada for a few years now.

That's the problem, Oil is a global commodity now and just because Iran has stopped exporting to some countries the PPB increased in a knee jerk. If the U.S. would leave the global market and start producing more oil and go back to being self sustaining we would have cheaper fuel prices.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
Saw a story on NBC yesterday that said the US is exporting over 1 million barrels of gasoline and diesel to other countries each day. The story said it is illegal to export crude but not the finished product. Go figure....

Hastey

Oklahoma Chapter Leaders
Saw a story on NBC yesterday that said the US is exporting over 1 million barrels of gasoline and diesel to other countries each day. The story said it is illegal to export crude but not the finished product. Go figure....

I've heard that before. If you are like me Jim, you look at the landscape of Texas/Oklahoma and it is covered in oilfield equipment. I know that the four wells that are on my dads property next to us are producing oil and a bunch of it. He draws 1 1/2 percent over ride and averages $1200.00 a month so someone is bankrolling those wells.

My grandfather (moms dad) was a geologist and explorer for Standard Oil and will tell you today that there is more oil under this continent than we can ever suck out but the oil companies don't want it. As long as oil remains as high as it is per bbl these local producers are making money and lots of it. And they are robbing it from us at the pump.