ATF: Big Country - Dim Dining Light

BillPatti

We have a 2012 3450 TS. All lighting is unfortunately 12V. Too bad there are no 110 light fixtures.

The light above our dining table is especially dim. It's so dark I can't see how much salt I'm putting on my food.

The bulbs are "921" minature wedge base plug-in bulbs.
Can you recommend a higher watt bulb that will fit this fixture please?

Or recdommend another fixture that will take brighter 12v bulbs.

SJH

Past Washington Chapter Leaders
Hello!

There have been several threads about dim lighting in both Bighorn and Big Country models. If you search you will find how some have dealed with the problem. The one that I thought was a great idea was the gentleman that simply added another light socket in the existing fixture. He had three or four bulbs in the fixture instead of the two. I think I will eventually try that modification too!

Best Wishes!

Westwind

Question I have is where can I get the extra sockets that could be added to the fixture if that is the direction that I want to go? I have searched in vain for a RV light fixture tht I could sub for this one but I haven't had any luck.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
What about using the new LED blubs? I don't know if you can find one to replace the size you need, but it's worth a shot. Some of the examples I saw at the RV show are MUCH brighter than the standard bulb, because they produce a "whiter" light.

Just a thought.

Bob Vaughn

I wasted 50 bucks putting LED bulbs in our fixture......It was not worth the money I spent......I just wish I could find the same light fixture we had in our SOB TT. It put out a lot of light.......In the 11 years we had that one the bulbs never burned out so I do not know what they were.....

SJH

Past Washington Chapter Leaders
Question I have is where can I get the extra sockets that could be added to the fixture if that is the direction that I want to go?.

Good question...I haven't looked at the fixture socket yet. I will try to do that this week and see if I can find replacements.

happykraut

I had the same problem on my rig. I replaced one of the two 921 bulbs with a LED bulb and it made a BIG difference. Bright and white. Purchased at the Phoenix rally for $20. Down the road at a Yuma flea market, I purchased a second one for $14. The lady warned me that it might be a different color. Unfortunately it turned out to be more yellow, but still brighter. Buy them in pairs.