Nt28brs

reco

Hi I purchased a new 2011 North Trail NT28BRS I camp at a campsite that is seasonal campground and we camp thoughout the year. Anyone have the same model and the likes and dislikes any problems.

PeternLiane

Welcome and Congratulations, We looked at that Trailer and liked it. but because of our tow vehicle we chose to go a little lighter. We picked the NT 22FBS. We loved the pull out bumper, counters, storage and the all around quality. We don't like how hot the bathroom gets when the heats on. So to reduce the heat we installed a register with a damper on it. That way we can control the air flow to the bathroom. Since we bought we've only been able to take one trip in it. We're really looking forward to April when camping season starts.

eddylives

We too are interested in the issues or quirks with the bumper pull units. Having replaced our 1984 Citation 26 ft TT with a 2012 Heartland trail runner 26FQB a few weeks ago.
We have not taken possesion yet due to the camping season not starting until mid may here and have only gone over the unit at the dealers so we are excited to go and try it out.
It would be an interesting thought to have a dedicated forum to bumper pull/tag along units and fifthwheel units of some kind.
Hopefully those that have had time with the newer units will chime in and tell us about any issues or little mods to make life a little better.

pegmikef

I would recommend a WD hitch for towing. I use the EZ Lift 10,000 WD Hitch for my North Trail and have almost zero sway and bounce. Other things I have done are 1) add adjustable heat vents 2) ran a separate cable for satellite 3) towel rack in bathroom 4) add drawers for night stands to fill useless shelf space 5) add 12 volt outlet in bedroom for fan when boon docking 6) switched out rinkydink bathroom fan for vortex fan 7) Barker VIP 3500 tongue jack 8) change oven hood light for a 36 led bulb 9) put in a larger tv and wired it into trailer sound system 10) put a shelf in kitchen cabinet . . . that's about all I remember off the top of my head.

Oops, I forgot DW's favorite mod. I added sixty pound gas assist strut hinges to the underbed storage compartment so she can easily open and close it.

I would point out that the majority of these mods are the result of things I have read on this forum. Thanks forum folks and participants.

Last edited: