Wasted Space - under Kitchen Sink ( 3010 )

recumbent615

Founding MA Chapter Leader-retired
Inspired by Duane's modification exposing the lost space under his sink - I took on the same mod yesterday and thought I would post up s few photos of my results.

I removed the partition exposing the unfinished space under the sink.
I modified the hot and cold plumbing to move it to the back of the space, out of the way
I installed a 2x4 frame ( on edge ) and a 9/16 inch thick strips as spacers topped with a finished 1/4 sheet to make up the new floor.
I will be reinstalling the old partition next to the draws to keep things in their space.

IMG_0788.jpgIMG_0789.jpg

Net Gain of 4+ sq ft of storage ( 23x27 )

AJ Jones - Thought for future models - let's finish off this space -

Attachments

• IMG_0787.jpg
    IMG_0787.jpg
    214.6 KB · Views: 218

Vtxkid

Good job Kevin! Between you and Duane, looks like I will be doing the same mod... Every little bit of space counts! Thanks for sharing the pics...

porthole

Retired
Looks good. After I took down the divider I started using it right away. After awhile I decide not to build up the floor as it added a space for heavier items and limited the "travel" they would do.I also added blocks under the original section so that I could rest my elbows on the base when in the cabinet.

I added a divider going side to side to keep thinks like platters upright and will be adding a board to block the drawers and to keep things from possibly getting underneath.

sdrubrecht

We saw Duane's mod also when we first got our Cyclone and decided to take it one step further. We opened the side by the door and built a pull out rack for our pots and pans. Works very well for us. A friend with SOB did something similar for his garbage.

Attachments

• clone stuff 1 019e.jpg
    clone stuff 1 019e.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 206

recumbent615

Founding MA Chapter Leader-retired
Steve. I Like that - very good use of the space - what did you use for a cabinet face?

Kevin

sdrubrecht

We had some bubabinga, an African hardwood, left over from a job. It was a great color match for the cabinets but the grain has much more character than the cherry and beech Heartland used. We tried several different door catches but the force when braking was always opening the cabinet. You can see my solution in the pic.

Attachments

• clone stuff 1 003e.jpg
    clone stuff 1 003e.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 168