factory bbq not much heat

saskrick

Hi, this is my first post in this forum. Hopefully, I'm posting this thread properly. I have a 2010 northtrail 31bdss. This trailer came with a factory stainless steel barbeque that you can hang on the side of the trailer. There is a tee in the propane line where I added a ball valve and a quick coupler so I could connect the bbq. This is a regulated line and the bbq has no regulator that I can see. My question is; did I hook this up wrong because the bbq takes very long to cook anything? Or is this simply a lower heat unit designed this way on purpose so we don't melt down the trailer?

jimtoo

Hi saskrick,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and family. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

I cannot help you with an answer, but some of our other family members that have a Northtrail with that option will jump in soon and help with an answer.

Enjoy the forum.

Jim M

saskrick

I don't remember the brand of the bbq off the top of my head. I'll do a little more research and maybe check with the dealer. Thanks for the replies.

saskrick

Hi I looked at the bbq yesterday. The brand is a Celano stainless steel. It doesn't put out much heat at all. Its what it came with. Not sure if it was standard issue or not.

gasman

Camp Socializer
Propane hose are available in different inside diameters. The small diameter hoses are designed for high pressure while the larger diameter hoses are meant for low pressure applications. A good propane distributor could look at your hose and determine if that might be the problem.