Satellite-Tailgater

Hawgfly

So I've read from several of you about the Tailgater and we purchased one for our new trailer....has anyone ever mounted one to the trailer? Any pointers on to do's and not to do's before we travel this weekend?

Thanks in advance!

TGLBWH

North Central Region Directors-Retired
Not sure about mounting but keep us informed on hoe you like it, since I plan on ordering one in the next couple of weeks

pegmikef

I have had a Tailgater since last summer and love it. I initially thought about mounting it, but after visiting a few parks here in TX and NM I have decided it is better not to have it mounted so you can move it around dependent on trees and other obstacles. One quickly learns to consider the southern sky access when selecting a site. I generally just leave it on the ground or when possible on the rear cargo rack on the North Trail. Several times I have had to tweak its location a little to get all of the satellites. I use a 30 foot heavy duty cable and lock to secure it to keep honest people honest. So far, I have been able to obtain the signals at every park I have visited except at Brushy Creek COE park where I was on the wrong side of the dense woods and couldn't move to a different spot.

We purchased the tailgater about a month ago and have debated in mounting it also, but will wait and see. Really please with the signal and how well it operates.
Lov2fly

Hastey

Oklahoma Chapter Leaders
We purchased the tailgater about a month ago and have debated in mounting it also, but will wait and see. Really please with the signal and how well it operates.
Lov2fly

Like Mike was saying, keep it as a carry out. We have the tailgater and I love it. We had been using a manual and this is soo much easier. I have 50 ft of cable so that I can move it around and clear trees. If it or the previous dish were mounted, more times than not I would not have been able to clear the trees.

lduguay

Past North Carolina Chapter Leader
We are another Tailgater fan using the steel cable "security" system. I also do not recommend a permanent mount. The dish has been all around the BC and even place on the roof one time. Enjoy!