DVD player does not work with factory supplied TV (in a M21)

JanRooks

What information is available for making the proper connections between the Jensen DVD player and the Jensen TV? Send me an e-mail. Jan Rooks, Edge M21 & Toyota Sienna

jbeletti

Jan,

Generally, you would use a cable that contains 3 sets of wires. One set has a yellow connector - that is video. The other two sets are red and white - those are left and right audio.

On the DVD player, there are outputs. They are marked video, left audio and right audio.

On the TV, there are inputs. Look for ones with round connectors that are color coded yellow, red and white. Sometimes marked Video Input 1.

If you do not have the cables needed, print this reply out and take it to the store and show it to the clerk in the electronics area.

Jim

jbeletti

Jan,

By the way, when you registered for this forum, you setup your profile to NOT allow users to send you email. Hence, you will not be hearing from anyone on your DVD issue via email. I'm hoping you will be checking back to this thread you started.

Jim

pegmikef

Jan, On my old M21 the cables were there, but they were hooked up incorrectly. I had to pull the unit to reconnect them correctly. They need to be from the outputs (L & R Audio and video) on the builtin stereo set to the counterpart inputs on the television. By the way if you have to pull the unit you might as well hook the television sound to the stereo unit as well (TV audio out to Stereo audio in). If your stereo/dvd unit is a Jensen like it was in mine, then to remove it you simply carefully pry the plastic border frame (goes around the unit) off with a small flathead screw driver or butter knife. This exposes the screws. Remove the screws and pull the unit out. There was plenty of slack. All the input and output pigtails are labeled. Just find the right ones and connect the cables. Good Luck.