Gold Decals Turning Black Again

Birchwood

The gold decals on our 09 Landmark are turning dark on the sun side for the second time.Had them replaced
one year ago with new ones of the same colour supposedly with UV protection built in.Called the Heartland
graphic supply company and they are going to replace them but recommends a different shade of gold.
We received the colour samples and are now deciding which shade of gold and its not easy.Has anyone else
had this problem with the gold decals or is it just because we set on the same lot in Florida for 4 months?
Wondering if vinyl protectorant would help preserve the decals?

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
IMHO sitting in one spot for a long period could definitely contribute to more rapid color fading/changing on one side that the other. The sun is constantly hitting from the same angles day after day after day. Not sure of a cure. I would think a light color would be more reflective and less subject to fade (but then I may have my thinking hat on backwards).

beaverfan

Oregonian
We had the same problem with our 09 Landmark in 2011. Sent Heartland pictures and they sent me new decals, free of charge, but I had to install. I can see the same problem decveloping again. Would like to know how you make out.

We had the same problem with our 09 Landmark in 2011. Sent Heartland pictures and they sent me new decals, free of charge, but I had to install. I can see the same problem decveloping again. Would like to know how you make out.

I see ours turning very dark on the sunny side, but still very gold on the north side. I can't see how the decals won't turn a different color if exposed to the FL sun. On the sunny side under the slide where the "sun doesn't shine" the decal is very gold, just like the north side. We talked about replacing the decal but I think we will look into getting it painted on, instead of going through the decal-fade again since it is inevitable.

2markeys

We had this problem with the gold decals on our 2010. We knew that replacing them would only result in the same problem re-occurring, so we had our dealer just remove all the gold decals and opted not to replace them at all. (Heartland did not offer to provide us with an alternate color.)