=============================
  • Type: Meats (Non-Seafood)
  • Category: Main Entree

Meta Data

• Yield: 4 - 6 servings
  • Prep Time: 20 minutes
  • Ready in: 80 minutes
  • Difficulty: 2 ( 1 - Easy, 5 - Difficult )
  • Source: Corky Atkinson (Nancy's Aunt)

Ingredients

• 4 to 6 - Bone-in Pork Chops
  • Flour
  • Salt
  • Garlic Salt
  • Pepper
  • Cooking Oil
  • 2 cans Campbells Cream of Mushroom Soup

Preparation Instructions

• Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
  • Coat pork chops with flour, salt, pepper and garlic salt
  • Heat oil on medium high to high heat in large ovenable frying pan and brown pork chops on both sides
  • Remove pan from heat and pour both cans of soup over chops
  • Bake covered in oven for about 45-60 minutes, turning chops over every 15 minutes. Cook until fork tender

Tips

The sauce in the pan from browning and the soup mix makes a gravy with no additional steps, so plan to serve over mashed potatoes

Pitfalls
Watch to not burn of over brown the chops to the point of cooking them. Just sear them to a medium brown, about 4 to 5 minutes per side depending on heat

Comments
Nancy's Aunt Corky just made this for use tonight. OMG was this good. I only hope to make it as good. May have been a touch on the salty side. Consider a bit of garlic powder instead of garlic salt.

recumbent615

Founding MA Chapter Leader-retired
Hi Jim - sounds good, but it might help if you could provide the measured portions for the coating for those of us not used to winging it.

Kevin

jbeletti

Sorry Kevin - she does not measure that sort of stuff. Instinct I guess. She also actually adds all that stuff to the chops while they're in the pan. How, I did not watch. But when I try this recipe myself, I will likely use 3/4 cup flour, 1/2 t of salt, 1/2 t of pepper and 1/8 t of garlic powder. I will also likely add it all to a bag and add the chops in, with air and shake to coat.

Jim

jbeletti

Hey Kevin,

Aunt Corky is making me some banana bread right now. As she was adding flour to her baking pan, she told me that when she makes the pork chops, on a plate, she seasons the up side of the pork chops and hand sprinkles the flour on. Then places that side down on the hot oil in the pan and repeats the seasoning/flouring process in the pan to the bare side.

Jim

recumbent615

Founding MA Chapter Leader-retired
Jim,

I Totally would have created a dredge with the dry - thanks for the additional details - it will be easy to control the "spice" level that way.

Kevin

mjatwalker

Retired MD Chapter ******s
The bag trick works well, I use it for fried chicken. Heavy duty paper sacks work the best.

jbeletti

I agree Mike/Ann. But I never have paper sacks around the house, so I use the gallon size Ziplock bags for my "shake and bake" :)