HEARTLAND GIVES BACK - 2012 - Gillette, WY

jbeletti

Hello Gillette, WY rally attendees,

It's time to work on the Heartland Gives Back initiative for this rally. This initiative is an opportunity for you and I to leave a positive impact on the community we rally in, in addition to the economic impact of the rally itself.

I received a few leads on what some of the community needs are. Now I need a volunteer that will be the Heartland Gives Back Coordinator. Could it be you.

I am accepting self-nominations for this lead role. Here's what I am looking for in this person as well as what the responsibilities will entail:
  • Has decent hands-on organizational skills
  • Has decent verbal communication skills
  • Can solicit for and organize a small group of volunteers
  • Is willing to use their own equipment (truck, fuel...) to transport donations and can convince volunteers to do the same
  • Willing to research the leads I have, and maybe more that they find on their own in an effort to select a charity
  • Willing to select the charity that we will honor with our efforts
Did I just describe you!

If I did, email me (link) so I can add you to a small list of self-nominees and make a decision on one of you. For those who self-nominate and are not chosen as the leader, please volunteer yourself to serve on the team when the leader is announced.

Thanks,

Jim

jbeletti

The following message about our Heartland Gives Back initiative is going out in this week's rally update email:

HEARTLAND GIVES BACK
We have a local program that we as rally attendees will be working hard to support. We will be supporting the local program of "Blessings in a Backpack".

Heartland Club Members Ron and Donna Markey (2markeys) will be coordinating our effort. More information will appear in this thread very soon. The gist of it is this: $80 can feed a school aged child on the weekends for an entire year. This program, with the help of volunteers and corporate sponsors, purchases backpacks, fills them with food and distributes them to children at school on Fridays, thus ensuring the child has food for the weekend. There are 7 schools participating in the program in Campbell County with 5 of those being in Gillette.

We have set a goal of collecting money (cash or check) to fund 25 backpacks. That's $2000. Can we do this Heartlanders? I think we can! If you can, please earmark a $20 bill to bless this local program for children.

jbeletti

People Magazine Article: Blessings in a Backpack

Attached is a recent People Magazine article with more information on the organization (Blessings in a Backpack) we will be supporting in Gillette with our Heartland Gives Back initiative.

Attachments

• Blessings_in_a_Backpack_People_article.pdf
    337.6 KB · Views: 14

jbeletti

Flier for "Blessings in a Backpack" - our Heartland Gives Back effort in Gillette

Attached is the flier that will be in the rally packets. It further explains the Blessings in a Backpack program and what our effort will be.

Attachments

• Heartland Gives Back - 2012 Gillette - Blessings in a Backpack.pdf
    95.7 KB · Views: 21