Michelin Tires

katkens

Founding Illinios Chapter Leader-retired
I Have finally decided to go with the Michelin XPS RIB tires. Since a number of fellow members have went this route, just a couple questions. What size did you all go with the 235/85R16 or the 245/75R16? What are the pro/cons on the two sizes? Please feel free to answer any other question about these I should have asked.;) Ken

Uncle Rog

Ken, I would go with the size that the spec sticker calls for. I would opt for a G range as they seem to be a bit tougher......

katkens

Founding Illinios Chapter Leader-retired
Uncle Rog said:
Ken, I would go with the size that the spec sticker calls for. I would opt for a G range as they seem to be a bit tougher......

Well thats kinda ,sorta , why, I asked about the size choice, cause they don't make them in the same spec tire I have on now. I'm still not sure about the greatness of the GY RST G rated tire and that is the only non- Chinese tire out there. They might be making those in China by now also, the Marathons are now made there. ---- Ken

ChopperBill

I went with the 245x75. A little smaller in diameter. My Bal-chocks would not fit with the 235x85's. And after having them installed I am not sure the 235's would fit. It would be darn close. Great Tire! Good choice!