12 volts for rear camera

Steadfast

I am curious as to what others are doing to power a rear view camera. I know that I can power them with the running lights, but that means that I need to turn on the running lights during the day. If others have found a better solution, I would be happy to hear about it. Thanks.

PUG

Pug
my camera has power in its wiring from the dash in the pickup. check with 12v light tester

Steadfast

I guess that I should have mentioned that the camera is a digital wireless version and needs power at the rear cap. Thanks.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
There should be plenty of 12V power sources in the front storage compartment. Pick any of the 12V circuit breakers as your source. The same goes for the TV.

Segmead

Well I'm about to install my rear view camera today, and I have the same issue, where to find power. If you have any insights since your last post,I'm interested.

brianharrison

Well I'm about to install my rear view camera today, and I have the same issue, where to find power. If you have any insights since your last post,I'm interested.

Here is a similar discussion --> //heartlandowners.org/showthread.ph...-Camera-Option?p=233040&viewfull=1#post233040

I did end up using the clearance lights - simply to power down the unit when not in use - ie parked and unhitched.

Brian