Adventurer Folding Bikes from Camping World

pegmikef

Does anyone out there have any experience with the Adventurer six and twelve speed folding bikes sold by Camping World. I want to get a couple of sturdy bikes that fold and these look like they might fit the bill. All of the reviews on CW are great, but I would like some other opinions. Thanks.

PeternLiane

I borrowed one from a neighbor last year. It worked great. I had no issues with it at all. We'll probably just use our regular bikes. I really want to try the pullout bumper and bike rack this year.

Last edited by a moderator:

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
Yes - we got 2 bikes a couple of years ago and haven't had any problems. We also bought the carrier bags.

hoefler

We have had the 12 speeds for 3 seasons now, and really like them. Though about only getting the 6 speeds, didn't think we really needed the 12's, but are really glad we went them. We frequent a lot of state parks around us, one in particular in Arkansas, Mount Magazine. It is very hilly at the highest point in Arkansas, the extra lower gearing was very appreciated and used. I would guess we have over 500 mile on them, we have used them in Key West, up and down the over seas highway, Disney Fort Wilderness ( we were surprised at how useful they really became there ), Vegas, and all the state parks we visit.

DougS

Doug S
We have two of the Broadway models (6 speed) which I believe are the same from CW. We were lucky to catch them on sale. The bags are well worth the investment. We travel with both Bic's in the front basement of our 5th. We changed the seats though, to more comfortable models.

lmcclure

1st Tennessee Member#1084
We had the 6 speeds until last week and sold them, great bikes but we didn't use them enough, they are durable bikes andare easy to travel with.

pegmikef

Thanks all for the input. I just ordered two of the six speeds from CW. While I was reading the reviews again they dropped the price from 189 to 149 plus there was a thirty dollar coupon I got when I went to their site. And the shipping was free (I think that is triggered by the dollar amount of the order). Anyway, thanks again as your comments echoed the reviews on CW.

TXBobcat

Fulltime
We had 2 of these bikes also. I found them hard to ride (small wheels) and they rusted quite easily. I went out and bought a couple of aluminum full size bikes and carry them on the bike rack on the front of the 5er. Much better.

Sorry to disagree..

FWIW
BC

JWalker

Northeast Region Director-Retired
Just ordered 2 of the 6 speed bikes from CW. Hopefully they arrive in time for the Castaway Rally. Can't wait!