Mud in the Garage of Cyclone

bd2dabone

When you put your toys away in your garage of the toyhauler and mud is dropping off, when you get ready to clean the floor do you just wash down the inside of the garage area with a water hose? If not what is the solution for removing mud from the floor of the garage?

truknutt

Committed Member
I just use a stiff bristle broom to get the "chunks" out, then mop it down. Now if I know I'm gonna be in the mud & grime I put a cheap plastic tarp down before loading the toys.

bd2dabone

Great! Thats what I was thinking...blue tarp wall to wall. Thanks! I knew I was not the first person to be presented with that problem. I was a bit hesitant to get the water hose inside and start flooding the room.

2011 Polaris RZR S "orange madness LE"

porthole

Retired
I would not use a hose on the inside of my garage as it is currently arranged.
Now, had I Rhino-lined in one spray from the floor up to 18" of the wall like I did on my motorcycle trailer, then I would not hesitate to get the hose out.

recumbent615

Founding MA Chapter Leader-retired
I would not use a hose on the inside of my garage as it is currently arranged.
Now, had I Rhino-lined in one spray from the floor up to 18" of the wall like I did on my motorcycle trailer, then I would not hesitate to get the hose out.

Now There's an Idea for an upgrade ... Since I've already ripped the rubber floor ... I might look into that. I wonder how it holds up on plywood?

SouthernNights

Past South Carolina Chapter Leader
Along with the rhino lining pick up a real good horse hair pus broom. Sounds a little strange but there really is a difference in the amount of dirt a really good broom can push.

AJJONES

Senior GM for Cyclone, Torque, Gateway & Sundance
At my previous employer we actually did spray on liners inside the garage area, and they worked very well. How ever make sure that you prep the surface area very well and remove any glue left after removing the flooring material. It does work great when applied properly. However if there are any chemicals on the surface when it is applied it will start to bubble up and it is a nightmare to scrape out of the unit if you wanting to re-spray. Regardless of the bed liner I would still not recommend spraying the garage out with a hose.

porthole

Retired
Kevin - at least with the Rhino product, there is a special prep and chemical prep that is applied before the Rhino.
My bike trailer was cleaned and prepped and then the chemicals applied. There is then a 24 wait before the Rhino can be sprayed.

It has held up very well in the bike trailer and I used that trailer to carry lawn equipment too. Including a 900 pound ZTR mower.

bd2dabone

One could look this way when you come in and no wash rack at the offroad park

Attachments

• muddin.jpg
    muddin.jpg
    167.1 KB · Views: 46

bd2dabone

You need to flip a couple bucks to the local Fire Department for a "hose-down" before you load that in the Cyclone!!

LOL...not a bad idea at all...would save a lot of my time when I get home. Thats the worst part, didnt know there are so many little nooks, crannies, and hiding points for mud, knocks off a hundred pounds, fill low spots in yard, build a raised bed garden with the dirt removed!:rolleyes: