Water heater turns on ... a lot

Johnm

I wanna go camping - NOW
I noticed on our maiden camp out, with the Sundance 2997BHS, that our 10 gallon water heater turned on a lot (on propane only - don't know about electric). It didn't matter when hot water was used, I just know that it turned on a lot; at least when compared to my last RV with a 6 gallon water heater.

Can someone tell me if this is normal?

Thanks,

Johnm

I wanna go camping - NOW
Mid 80's during the day and I'd have a hard time believing it got any lower than ... 60/65 at night.

Uncle Rog

I don't remenber if there is a hi / lo temp setting on my unit, is the water inordinately hot? If so, maybe turn down the temp a little?

Johnm

I wanna go camping - NOW
I didn't think about it but, yes, the water seemed VERY hot. How does one go about adjusting the water temp on these things?

Uncle Rog

Open the access door, take a look at the unit, might be a simple lever on the panel around the pressure relief valve, I just don't remember. If it is not obvious take a look at the owners manual or go to dometic or whoever makes the things, on line for the answer.......good luck

K

Ken Washington

There is no adjustment that you can make on the water heater. It is set at the factory.

Ken

ct0218

Ken's right--I don't recall seeing any DSI water heater that has an adjustable thermostat. This is my third and none have been adjustable.