Flagpole Buddy

eddylives

I was wondering if anyone uses or has used the flagpole buddy

link http://tweetys.com/flagpolebuddyandaccessories.aspx

It looks like a nice idea but I am wondering about the transfer of noise into the trailer body?
Since it is attached to the ladder is anything noticable inside the trailer especially at night?
I was thinking of getting one with the optional solar charged globe accessory for it.

eddylives

Ok thats good to know , I just seem to envision the flag whipping and transfering vibration and sound into the trailer lol and don't want any annoying stuff like that
I listen to the noise my neighbors flag poles make on his house and that just got me thinking about the new trailer hehe.
We are pumped to get camping and just had a foot or so of snow dump on us today lmao , oh well our season does not start until mid May so its a little early yet.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
I have one, also. On windy days, you can hear the flag flapping if you're sitting by the window. Can't say it's annoying, though. I've been thinking about getting a light for it since I tend to forget to take the flag down sometimes at night. I do remove the pole when a thunderstorm is threatening, though, or when heading home for a few days.

hillsonwheels

Just bought mine at the Tampa RV show. Got rid of my home made stuff. Am camping in LaBelle, FL, where the wind has blown constantly since last thursday. Have two pennant flags, which have been flying straight out most of the time, attached to the flag pole. Noise at the back of the coach has been minimal. With a 3'x5' regular flag there might be a noise increase but I doubt it would be bothersome.

Dick

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
We've had the Flag Pole Buddy for several years. The upper mount can be insulated with a supplied strip of velcro. This helps a lot but if the wind gets extreme, it only takes a few seconds to remove the pole. I mounted a solar light to the upper bracket. I wish it were brighter but otherwise it looks good.

porthole

Retired
Just bought mine at the Tampa RV show. Got rid of my home made stuff. Am camping in LaBelle, FL, where the wind has blown constantly since last thursday. Have two pennant flags, which have been flying straight out most of the time, attached to the flag pole. Noise at the back of the coach has been minimal. With a 3'x5' regular flag there might be a noise increase but I doubt it would be bothersome.

Dick

I like your homemade flag pole, always figured it would be a good one to copy and make one of my own. Take a picture before you trash it.

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
Ok guys - this is what i've been looking for. Question is - what length pole did you get? Sometimes we like to fly 2 or more flags and not sure if the 12' pole is long enough.
Thanks

lmcclure

1st Tennessee Member#1084
We have the system from CW 10' and we fly 2 flags the American and a smaller POW flag. There is some noise if you are sitting by the back window but not in the bedroom. One of the rigs at the Tennessee Rally last year had this system and the 22' pole, very nice set up.

Nabo

Thanks Lee - I think that was Flying Dutchman. Will get in touch with him. B--

Flying Dutchman

Virginia Chapter Leaders - Retired
We have the the Flag Pole Buddy with the long pole, 22 or 25 feet, not sure which. I have not noticed annoying noise, although in gusty shifting winds I have heard the pole tapping against the upper bracket. I hear nothing in the bedroom. It sure is the easiest bracket to raise and lower the flag pole, takes only a second and I don't have to leave the ground. I fly two 3x5 flags, USA on top and HOC flag below. Just purchased a 3x5 POW/MIA flag which I will fly at our next campout.

archbarb

Ok guys - this is what i've been looking for. Question is - what length pole did you get? Sometimes we like to fly 2 or more flags and not sure if the 12' pole is long enough.
Thanks

Santa Claus brought the 22' Flagpole Buddy. You'll have no trouble with three or four flags. I fly the American flag on top, and being the DW is Canadian it flys next. It only ships with flag clip rings for two flags. You will need to order http://flagpolebuddy.com/Flag_Clips_-_Spring_Load_M5.html for additional flags.

Archie

Nabo

Thanks everyone and especially archbarb for the info about additional flag clips. Thinking about this for hubbie's birthday coming up in May.

hillsonwheels

Porthole.........Sorry, :(too late for pix. Good news is that all is involved are couple of pipe stand off clamps to mount to the ladder, a piece of PVC with large enough i.d. to receive the flag poloe with a cap on one end and, a collapsible pennant pole that can be bought at any kite store around a beach, got mine in Kitty Hawk.

Have never figured out how to download and insert pix in a post anyway! :confused:

Dick

Hastey

Oklahoma Chapter Leaders
I've been thinking about purchasing one of these lights for the flag at the family cemetery.

solarlight.jpg

Link

This puts a halo of light all around the flag. Screws down under the truck.

eddylives

Well it seems that everyone likes these units so I am going to try and track one down locally first then off the net depending on the price.
I also like that halo light linked above , it would be great for the nights we are comming in off the lake in the dark when combined with the globe light.
Thanks for all your input people :)

hillsonwheels

Oh that old thing??????? :eek: Sorry for the misunderstanding. Still have it. Tho I've not used it yet this year. And, if as many people have looked at it, have built one, you should see an example right beside you the next time you camp! :rolleyes: They just can't seem to find their roundtoits, :( I guess.

Someone is gonna have to set me down and make sure I GET IT when they 'splain how to take pix, down laod them and, attach them to a post!

Folks have asked me for pix of my new built in couch in the Big Horn. Can't deliver 'cause I don't have a clue. :confused: Having said all that, I'll be glad to come up with a bill of materials if you want. It ain't rocket science.

Dick