GFI reset issues

lmasters1

My kitchen GFI tripped and won't reset, does this mean it needs to be replaced? Lost power to micro, tv and outlets in living room, as well as most of the bedroom outlets. Bathroom GFI is working fine, tests and resets fine. We were making dinner using electric fry pan and micro and had the tv and fireplace running. Water heater and fridge working on 110 fine. Any ideas?

Thanks,

jimtoo

Hi lmasters1,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum. I see you have been a member or the forum for a while,,, just staying in the background I guess.

I think you need to check your breakers,,, I don't think the micro wave is on a GFI or the TV either. I would turn breakers off, push firmly off, and then on. They sometimes look like their on,, when they are actually tripped.

Hope this helps and when you do find the problem.. please post here so we will all know what happened.

Jim M

lmasters1

Reset all breakers with still no power. GFI still won't test and reset. I didn't think those appliances would all be affected by the GFI either.

jimtoo

Have you checked the breakers on the park terminal where your plugged in?? Could have a bad breaker there on one side of the 50amp service. Or even your power cord could be bad. You need a volt meter and start checking at the source. Also do you have a generator or panel installed to have a generator.. the panel could be giving a problem also.

Jim M

hoefler

Sounds like you have dropped a leg in the 50 amp. If you have a 30 amp to 50 amp adaptor, use it to connect to the 30 amp receptacle. If everything statrs working, the 50 amp receptacle has one leg dead in the pedestal. I had forgotten my meter one trip, and this is how I found our problem at Disney Fort Wilderness. As Jim has said above, Flip ALL breakers off, including the main. Then flip them back on. A tripped breaker has to be flipped off before you can reset it.

wdk450

I might suggest after verifying the breakers as above, to start disconnecting plugged in loads (including the microwave) one by one, to find if 1 device on the circuit is causing the GFI to trip.
When I was staying in a very small campground in Seattle last summer, that only had a 15 amp GFI supplying the trailer, I had that outside supply GFI repeatedly trip. I finally isolated the problem to water vapor in the Apollo Half Time microwave. I unplugged the microwave inside the trailer, and the outside GFI wouldn't trip any more. Letting the microwave sit for a few hours, then using the internal drying cycle, kept the problem form re-occuring.