So who has......

eddylives

A North Country Heartland Trail Runner 26FQB......Whew thats a lot to type lol
We picked one out from the dealer 3 or so weeks ago and can hardly wait until the season begins.
Has anybody had a chance to use theirs yet and know of any quirks or issues with this unit?
I am always thinking of little things to tweek to our camping style , dry camping.
I have searched the net and cannot find a single review of this trailer as of yet so figured I would ask here.

Hi Eddy,

We just bought one in March. Ours is a 2012, technically used, but no sign of human occupation when we got it. We have slept in it numerous times, but just in the yard with the grand-kids. They are all excited about having a bed, and not having to sleep on the floor like in our old camper. We are probably a few weeks away from an actual camping trip.

So far there haven't been any real issues, other than the fact I think the heater is a little loud. Ours is located under the sofa, and runs quite a bit when it is near freezing outside. I am planning to look at it to see if it can be mounted differently to reduce vibration. The only actual problem I have had was the deadbolt lock wouldn't work. I needed to taper it so it would fit into the hole in the door frame.

Only towed it once, brought it home from where we bought it. That was a 2 hour drive, no problems, and it towed great.

If you get out camping, we would like to hear how everything works for you. Likewise I will let you know what we experience on our first trip.

eddylives

Hey Larry , whats your tow vehicle?
I dragged ours around town only(30 mph) with my 97 F150 and decided to install air bag suspension to help level out the unit....it dropped the back of my truck really bad lol.
I decided to try a hwy run without my sway bar equalizer set up installed and let me tell you that was a mistake lmao.
I am sure some of the people following me must have wondered how long before I crash and burn hehe. Anyone without experience in towing and trailer sway would have had lots of trouble , probably with disasterous results....good thing I have driven transports before and knew how to handle things without losing control. I had just dragged a couple of older trailers down the hwy without the equalizer set up and had zero issues and am suprised about having such problems with the new one.
Our first 3 day camping trip was great , only a few issues to be dealt with so far like a small plumbing leak behind the toilet and a leaky pressure relief valve on the hot water tank.
Everything else seemed fine as far as I could see , hope it stays that way.
I will be posting the pictures of my modifications in the near future in the mod section when I have some time , check it out later.