Mount tv dish on ladder?

Hastey

Oklahoma Chapter Leaders
I don't recommend mounting your dish. You can get tree blocked from signal. If you have a carryout then you can move it around as needed to find clear shot to the sky. JMHO

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
What kind of dish do you have?? Is it a regular dish-dish or a Wineguard carry out? Our carry out is mounted to the ladder with a wineguard mount. 1 screw and I can take it off if needed. So far, even in a wooded area it has worked fine.

RoadJunkie

I have the Wineguard carry out with the ladder mount and it works great! If I am troubled with obstructions, which for me has been a small percentage of the time, I simply climb up and remove the antenna for repositioning in the clear. I wouldn't do this for short term stays, but it does present itself as an option.

Hastey

Oklahoma Chapter Leaders
Check out campingworld.com they have pretty much everything you need or you can get an idea of what you are looking for. I have Dish network and have the tailgater automatic dish which looks like the vucube. If you have a 211k receiver in your house all you need is the dish. The 211k has all the software it needs to run the dish and just take the receiver from the house. No additional contracts or anything.

I purchased ours from PPL trailer parts.

I have the Wineguard carry out with the ladder mount and it works great! If I am troubled with obstructions, which for me has been a small percentage of the time, I simply climb up and remove the antenna for repositioning in the clear. I wouldn't do this for short term stays, but it does present itself as an option.

Pardon me for jacking the thread for a moment, but do you leave the carry-out mounted on the ladder during travel? I have one and have considered this?
Jim

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Jimmy, yes I do. Its been on the ladder for over a year now. NO problems at all with it riding there. One thing I did do was to put a bicycle anti theft cable from the handle to ladder. At least it will slow a thief down.

RoadJunkie

Yes, I just let her ride up there. The mount has a plate with four slotted holes that accommodate the feet of the Carry Out. Once the feet are inserted, a twist of the Carry Out unit seats and secures the unit to the mount. A single screw prevents the Carry Out from rotating in a manner that would release it from the mount. I also installed a set of connections at the base of the ladder so that quick connect/disconnect is possible without climbing up the ladder and disconnecting connections during travel.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
I have a standard roof type dish mount on the lower section of my ladder. I used a little hardware and a 2 X 8 for the base. Whenever the rig is level, the mast is plumb. It does hang out about 10" but it's never really in the way. I probably use it 30 to 40% of the time. More so when we have a site that the rig has the back end facing south. We mostly use the tri pod from TV for RV.

Birchwood

I use the ladder when the RV is positioned so I can.Use L brackets and U clamps.For some reason this
setup never gets used often and I never go beyond arms length for the ladder attachment.I avoid
climbing the RV ladder as its a recipe for a falling accident.I use a small tripod most often for our
Shaw Direct dish.

Hastey

Oklahoma Chapter Leaders
I use the ladder when the RV is positioned so I can.Use L brackets and U clamps.For some reason this
setup never gets used often and I never go beyond arms length for the ladder attachment.I avoid
climbing the RV ladder as its a recipe for a falling accident.I use a small tripod most often for our
Shaw Direct dish.

I only climb up my ladder when I have to. I use an extension ladder here at home. I weigh 240 lbs and I don't trust the ladder.