Thanks for the info

lhope40

I just purchased a 08 Big Counbtry 3250TS. I have spent a lot of time on this forum and wanted to thank eveybody that contributes. As a newbie,I had a lot to learn. So thanks for all the info,especially to jayc who answered all my e-mail.
I spent 4 hours on the pdi and videotaped it all. I had a B@W turnover ball and companion hitch installed in my 06 2500hd. I bought the unit in Kyle, TX. Thats a 3.5 hour trip and it pulled great. Spent the weekend on Bolivar pennisulia with no problems.I really like the Big Country and felt I made a good buy. This forum help me decide on a Heartland after looking at a LOT or fifth wheels.Happy Trails.

lhope40

Congratulations on your purchase! I did not find any major issues in my PDI, thanks in no small part to ExplorerUSA in Kyle,TX. I have not traveled with my 3250. I took it to Bolivar and have it under covered parking(I fish a lot in east bay).Some items to be aware of:
1. Make sure all of the kitchen doors and drawers are completely closed when you bring your slides in, or you will be replacing handles.Found this out the hard way.The 2 recliners will have to be all the way against the wall as well.
2. My drain fittings were loose under both sinks.Hand tighten, good to go.
3. I don't think 1 A/C would keep this unit cool in TX heat.
I have replaced the dvd and replaced the TV with a 32" LCD. No problems just wanted better.
I have been VERY pleased with my purchase. I have learned a lot from this forum, so keep reading. Happy trails.

ragee

Love my 3250 also

None My first post. We traded our 99 Excel for the 08 BC in Kyle, Tx also. Love the trailer but work keeps us from enjoying it more. Have same concerns about the AC and south Texas heat. Have not used the DVD except to check that it worked. Radio works well close to towers but found it does not have antenna. Thinking about an upgrade there. Would love to hear what others have installed. Love the basement over the Excel also. Love this forum and have many good ideas from it already. I already had the B&W gooseneck hitch and got the companion with the BC.
Thanks
08 BC 3250
04 Dodge 3500 Diesel